Toronto Mike'd Feedback Desired

If you listen to Toronto Mike'd, I kindly request you take a couple of minutes to complete this short survey. Including your name and/or email address is optional, but it might help me if I have follow-up questions.

Thank you in advance!

bsmntdwllr73

Hi Mike, I'm a fairly recent listener and a first time commenter. I think that
you run a great podcast. I'm more interested in the media side of things
versus the sports coverage but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
Also, hopefully you could perhaps put a limit on the amount of U.S.
political propaganda that has recently filled the Open Mike Friday
section? Other than that you are doing a fantastic job!!!

November 24, 2016 @ 10:47 AM

Handsome Rob

What he said, x12

November 24, 2016 @ 10:53 AM

I realize @Handsome Rob's joke doesn't work now that I've cleaned things up for @bsmntdwllr73 but it amuses me.

Great feedback so far from everyone who has submitted the form. 46 and counting...

I'm reading every word. I plan to surmise everything and share what I've learned. Don't worry, I won't include anyone's names.

If you haven't submitted the survey yet, please do.

November 24, 2016 @ 11:06 AM

Rob J

TM,

When is the YBS survey? I have a few notes...

November 24, 2016 @ 11:35 AM

dale (Bolton)

Overall a great job & you have progressed so much since inception.
I know you let readers know when some guests are coming on but maybe let us have a chance to ask questions to ALL. You have for some & appreciated.

November 24, 2016 @ 11:42 AM

Beatts

Submitted :) Great work Mike. Much appreciated.

November 24, 2016 @ 1:28 PM

For those leaving an email address, I will try to reply when I find time.

A couple of common themes are emerging as we hit 70 replies. I definitely need to work on not interrupting the guest and I might have to make the MP3 a little louder.

Keep the feedback coming!

November 24, 2016 @ 1:47 PM

Anonymous

Also agree with bsmntdwllr73 -- I don't mind the sports personalities, they've all been interesting, but I never really paid attention to sports analysts growing up.

November 24, 2016 @ 5:20 PM

Handsome Rob

@TM at first I thought the comments lit up as there were zero when I started the survey. If I wasn't on my phone I'd have left more detailed comments. I don't mind the interrupting as it lends more to a real conversation.

November 24, 2016 @ 5:28 PM

markosaar

Oops, anonymous was me. Forgot I cleared all my browser history/cache/cookies trying to fix an irritating problem in Chrome.

November 24, 2016 @ 5:30 PM

Barry

Well, put me on the side of liking the sports personalities, but it's a subjective thing, of course. I particularly like hearing from people covering the Jays.

The media people are usually great guests, particularly anyone with a long history. When we've known someone a long time (Anne Mroczkowski comes to mind) but only as a talking head, hearing these long one-on-ones is incredibly revealing.

November 24, 2016 @ 5:43 PM

Blind Dave

The type of guest preference is subjective. For me, I happen to like the sports and some (but not all) of the radio personalities.

The essence of the pod is that Mike has become an excellent conversationalist and interviewer who puts his guests at ease. The convos are a pleasure to listen to and I often listen while getting my daily exercise.

The sound quality is first rate as long as the guest stays on the mic. I was listening to a sports podcast the other day. I found it via a link from the TO Sun. The two people talking needed a sound boost but the intro music was WAY TOO LOUD. I think Mike has found the right mix overall.

My only critique was that when Mike asks a guest about other people, don't turn it into gossip or probing. Keep it respectful.

Top marks for a great show!

November 24, 2016 @ 9:48 PM