We All Fit in a Buick Enclave

I'm in the market for a car that seats at least six. For the past couple of weeks, I've been test driving a new Buick Enclave which seats seven comfortably. It's been absolutely ideal.

Buick Enclave

My youngest is now three months old, so at some point I'm going to have to make an actual decision and buy something. In the meantime, we make do by picking destinations some of us can bike to. My oldest two have been racking up the cycling KMs lately.

The Buick Enclave is a large automobile that doesn't drive like a large automobile. I like that. It's also nice that, once the two car seats are installed, my other two kids can easily access the back row of seats without having to climb over anything. There's a convenient path for them to follow.

Buick Enclave

I'll admit, by the time the two weeks was up, I had forgotten I didn't actually own this car and had to return it. One reason I've delayed making a final decision is that there are several excellent options for one looking for a car with three rows of seats.

20160621_145203

I'm planning a road trip for the whole family in August. We're finally going to head east and experience the Maritimes. For that trip, I'm driving a GMC Acadia.

Rick C in Oakville

How was the fuel mileage compared to the Flex?

June 29, 2016 @ 3:05 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

Very similar, in that I could barely tell the difference. I'd give the Flex the slight edge.

The cost of the Flex is also less, but with the Flex you have to climb over seats with car seats installed to get to the third row. It was very difficult for my 14 year old man-child son.

June 29, 2016 @ 3:10 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Pretty son he will be driving you around.

June 29, 2016 @ 3:12 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

He can have my Mazda Protege.

June 29, 2016 @ 3:16 PM

Argie

Buicks are nicely put together vehicles but man are they pricey. Not mention the poor gas mileage you would get with the Enclave.

June 29, 2016 @ 3:28 PM

Joe Clark

Another unlabelled product placement. I wondered if you’d stop at just one.

You do understand your lack of ethics is the problem here, not the fact I show up and point that out?

June 30, 2016 @ 9:12 AM

James Edgar

@ Joe Clark. This is Mike's personal Blog . He has zero ethical or moral responsibility to Label Product placements . NONE.

He's not charging you to read the blog and you certainly don't have to. If you think he's unethical why bother?

For the record I have no problem with you posting your accusations even though i think they are a waste of electrons on my screen.

June 30, 2016 @ 9:16 AM

@Joe Clark

If I had received a single red penny I'd disclose it. For example, with Great Lakes Beer.

June 30, 2016 @ 9:17 AM

James Edgar

@ Mike I really don't think you need too.

July 5, 2016 @ 9:37 AM

Broni

@ Joe Clark

You're wrong. This entry is clearly labeled as a "test drive" and it is no different than you or I getting a dealership to agree to lend us a vehicle for a period of time, to test it out.

July 5, 2016 @ 12:58 PM