Frederik Andersen a Maple Leaf

Frederik Andersen has been traded to the Maple Leafs in exchange for the 30th pick in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft and the Leafs 2nd round pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. The Maple Leafs promptly signed him to a 5-year extension.

From TSN:

Andersen posted a 22-9-7 record with a 2.30 goals-against-average and .919 save percentage in 43 games last season with the Ducks. The 26-year-old also went 3-2 with a 1.41 goals-against average and .947 save percentage in five playoff starts in the 2016 post-season.

He has a 77-26-12 record with a 2.33 GAA and .918 save percentage over 125 career regular season games with Anaheim. Andersen also holds a 17-9-2 career post-season record with a 2.34 GAA and .916 save percentage.

I haven't been this excited since we traded for Vesa Toskala!

dale

Vintage Toskala trade. Wait & see.
1st notice, good trade but again, who knows.

June 20, 2016 @ 6:23 PM

@dale

Exactly.

When we traded for Toskala, I loved the deal, because I hated Raycroft.

Now I hate Bernier so I'm excited to land Andersen, but it's a pretty big contract for a guy who has played that few games. Reminds me a little of Toskala.... here's hoping it works out.

June 20, 2016 @ 6:27 PM

another steve

Freddie's in for a culture shock, big difference between the Ducks and the Maple Leafs.

It will be very interesting to watch Anderson's transition from an established and competitive team to a youthful, re-building team.

I hope this work's out.

June 20, 2016 @ 7:35 PM

Blind Dave

Andersen seems to be well-grounded and willing to listen (from what I have read/seen).

One of Toskala's biggest problems was that he was hard to coach and wanted to do things his way.

June 20, 2016 @ 11:15 PM

mrmojorisinca

me thinks more is going to happen this year or next (big ticket names)..this is just the first step..
Stamkos or Tavares and a top 4 defenceman will arrive in the next two years or so.
or avoid Stamkos/tavares , pulll off a trade for top 5 pick draft and take Tzechuk (spelling)..and build with Mathews, Marner, Nylander :) and a top 4 defensemen
a guy and have hope LOL

June 21, 2016 @ 8:48 AM

Sam

Anderson s horrible tonight. Two goals on 8 shots. Get our backup in there as he is much better

February 21, 2017 @ 8:29 PM