Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 161: Hazel Mae

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 161In this 161st episode, Mike chats with Sportsnet sportscaster Hazel Mae about the Blue Jays, her career in broadcasting, her time in Boston and what it's like being married to a former Blue Jay. This episode is exactly 37:31.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

2016-02-23_11-19-44

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

fourteen

Whadidya' pay for the shirt?

February 23, 2016 @ 1:09 PM

@fourteen

That's it... I got it as a Christmas gift.

February 23, 2016 @ 3:48 PM

Jeff

Please don't take this as disrespectful, not my way. I'm a massive fan of your podcast and the work that you do, but why only have Hazel for 30 min? Why not wait until she could go longer? It not like you haven't been pumping out quality posts this week, no one would have complained.

Keep up the great work but too bad, just wished it could have been longer.

February 24, 2016 @ 9:33 AM

@Jeff

True, she told me I only had thirty minutes, but if I showed you the list of people who said they'd love to come on but went quiet when I pressed for a specific time and day, you'd realize why I took her 30 minutes yesterday and stretched it to 37.

Basically, it's the bird in the hand....

February 24, 2016 @ 9:38 AM

Neal

Worked with Hazel at CHRY at York University in the early 90s. A pro back then just as she is now.

February 25, 2016 @ 8:15 PM

Colleen Evans

I am catching up on podcasts with less baseball to watch - I wanted to comment on your discussion about 2015/2016 being different from the 1992/1993 - we forget that the Blue Jays were an exciting and contending team off and on from the mid-80's leading up to those world series wins. 2015 was like an amazing miracle season that erupted with no advanced warning - a totally different vibe!

October 31, 2017 @ 7:42 PM