Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 140: Jeff Lumby

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 140In this 140th episode, Mike chats with actor Jeff Lumby about his role on The Red Green Show, his voice-over work, and his many radio gigs, including mornings at The Fan 590. This episode is exactly 1:02:35.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

I still get a chuckle out of the Red Green show. And hearing H&F speak fondly of Jeff (and his V juice story) will give it a listen Wednesday.

November 3, 2015 @ 10:03 PM

Aaron

One of my favourite episodes yet. Great job!

November 4, 2015 @ 8:49 AM

In this episode, I promised to produce a link to Lumby's Vagina Juice story. I've asked the boys which episode that's in, and they're trying to figure it out.

November 4, 2015 @ 9:16 AM

James Edgar

I'm 10 minutes in and listening to you describe your low blood sugar incident. and that's Exactly what it was.
I'm a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump. I've had hundreds of lows.

Most not nearly that serious but I've had the blacking out symptom a few times. I've managed to save myself all but one times when I managed to have a seizure in the Ikea store in North York.

Waking up looking into the face of a VERY hot paramedic was not nearly as cool as you might think.

The eating everything in site thing is VERY familiar ,I've emptied the kitchen a few times having a low. And that not one of those OMFG I'm blacking out ones.

My wife can always tell if I've had a low overnight by the mess in the kitchen in the morning.

So you can forget the stroke thing I think.

November 4, 2015 @ 9:21 AM

@James Edgar

I'm sorry to hear you have to experience that regularly. It was scary.

When I was losing vision, and everything went black for a few seconds, I didn't know if I would pass out or when my vision would return. It was one of my stranger hours, that's for sure.

November 4, 2015 @ 9:25 AM

James Edgar

@Mike it sucks large but I'm luckier than some. There's a women in a diabetes group I'm in that had more than 50 episodes requiring an ambulance between the age of 17 and 32 when she got her pump. Which makes things way better. On needles things were really out there . I'm also lucky (Or not) that I was diagnosed quite late at age 34 ,18 years ago and at a time when pumps are available and reliable.

I had a low pretty much everyday i worked out or rode my bike (bicycle) back then. It makes me a little reluctant to push as hard as should physically sometimes even now. Even mild lows feel like shit. And while they are not daily occurrences I probably have one twice a week, possibly more as they sometimes don't wake me up at night.

My severe low was a strange confluence of events that should not have happened (well Duh), I keep glucose tabs on me at almost all times and always in my car or my motorcycle. Only that time when i went to the car feeling quite low (2.2 mmol according to my meter) I couldn't find them and then i got the bright idea of going back into Ikea for a a hot dog. Only the line was long and when i got almost to the front Bam! Funky chicken on floor tore my favourite Rush t-Shirt and got to check out a hot paramedic up close. Again not a cool as it sounds.

November 4, 2015 @ 12:21 PM

James Edgar

I forgot to say , great show.!

November 4, 2015 @ 12:22 PM

Sam in Pickering

Some of everything in this episode. Lots of laughs, too. Thank you!

November 4, 2015 @ 3:15 PM

Rob J

Solid episode. The 'hot legs' anecdote was great

November 4, 2015 @ 4:36 PM

Doug

Great episode Mike!
The link that you posted above from H&F only has 7 minutes and 11 seconds and is not with Jeff.

November 5, 2015 @ 7:08 AM

@Doug

Thanks!

I'm not sure why it's only streaming 7:11 for you, but that file is about 2 hours long.

I suggest right-clicking the link and saving it to your local machine and playing it from there. That will get you the full file. Then, Lumby shows up at the end and tells his vagina juice story.

November 5, 2015 @ 8:35 AM

Doug

That worked!
Thanks Mike.

November 5, 2015 @ 10:12 AM

Rick C in Oakville

What a really down to earth guy Jeff is, Can see how he fit in so well with the Red Green cast of characters.
You could have also posted the H&F episode from the Horseshoe from last year as I remember Jeff telling the story when he was up on the stage.

November 7, 2015 @ 7:12 PM

S.A.L.

Great chat & LOVE the vagina juice story… one of my fave Humble & Fred Radio.com moments!

Sal