Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 139: Christina Walkinshaw

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 139In this 139th episode, Mike chats with comedian Christina Walkinshaw about making how tough it is for comics in Canada, her Comedy Now special, the "show me your tits" heckling incident and her popular Tinder blog. This episode is exactly 1:08:41.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Valley gal

If I had a dollar for every "like" on this podcast... I'd be several thousand dollars richer.

October 28, 2015 @ 8:31 PM

Dr No

Couldn't get through it all, sorry. The vapid discussion (not your fault TO Mike), and lack of laughter made it hard to get through. Contrast this with the witty and entertaining dialogue with Kelly Cutrara.

October 29, 2015 @ 9:39 AM

I'm seriously considering recording an episode of my podcast about the recording of this episode.

October 29, 2015 @ 10:01 AM

fourteen

I liked it. What is the back story?

November 1, 2015 @ 9:54 PM

@fourteen

I might share a little in episode 140 with Jeff Lumby this week. I was in rough shape...

November 1, 2015 @ 10:06 PM

Matt D

I found it interesting. When she was talking about her heckling incident and the lack of support that she received/receives from club managers, it gave me some insight into what comedians, especially female comedians, go through. I wonder if she feels Amy Schumer's promiscuous style helps or hinders female comedians, and what her thoughts are on the seemingly double standard between male and female comedians (it seems females need to tell jokes regarding their body image and/or their sexual endeavours). I had never heard of her before, but it was a nice difference. I like the sports and radio personalities, but this one seemed different because I did not who she was before.

As always, I like how these podcasts feel more like two people talking instead of an interview. The Strombo one is still my favourite.

November 2, 2015 @ 12:32 PM