Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 133: David Alter

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 133In this 133rd episode, Mike chats with MapleLeafs.com writer David Alter about his years at The Fan 590, Bobcat, Mike Wilner, the Blue Jays and much, much more. This episode is exactly 1:14:03.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

This should be good. Downloading MP3 right now as we speak.

September 3, 2015 @ 10:36 AM

Warning: This episode includes bonus Elvis.

September 3, 2015 @ 11:28 AM

markosaar

You always know it's going to be a great one when it goes over an hour.

September 3, 2015 @ 1:45 PM

Aaron

Great fun! The time went so quickly!

September 3, 2015 @ 2:56 PM

harles

Coco banana's was a bar in Whitby (old Kmart plaza) when Lindros played for the Oshawa Generals. It later turned into a Don Cherry's now I think it's a buffet restaurant.

September 4, 2015 @ 6:19 PM

Blind Dave

Great podcast. Having lived in Toronto and area for 35 years, I have always been interested in the goings-on at various radio stations. I love the first-hand insight.

September 5, 2015 @ 2:22 PM

Anon&on

Not a bad/good thing but about 3/4 way through, Alter starts to sound like Gilbert Gottfried.

Why so obsessed with Berger? On the topic of voice though, I was always amused by the 'reporting' voice of Berger compared to the speaking voice- within the same segment. Example: Barb throws to Howard reporting from Leafs practice over the phone. After his official report he talks off the cuff with Barb in a complete different voice, different enunciation, different everything. That amused me so much, it is the one thing I'd like to ask him about.

Did you get anywhere with Jesse Brown or Gord Stellick for podcast guests? Too late now, but it would have been great to do a 'pool party' sort of thing with Gord during the summer.

September 7, 2015 @ 8:01 PM

@Anon&on

Not obsessed with Berger, just interested. I found this fascinating: http://www.torontomike.com/2015/07/the_curious_case_of_howard_berger.html

Someone was working on Stellick for me, but it's gone a little cold. He says he wants to come in, but he's geographically challenged.

As for Brown, he never replied to my emails or tweets, so I don't have high hopes.

September 7, 2015 @ 8:05 PM