Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 116: Rick Hodge

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 116In this 116th episode, Mike chats with Rick Hodge about the Sunday Funnies, why he left Roger, Rick and Marilyn and CHUM-FM, what happened at EZ Rock and CFRB and we discuss the time I "torpedoed" him. This episode is exactly 1:01:58.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Liz

@Mike

Ha ha! So far? 12 cats and the always awesome, "Get right on the mic!"

March 27, 2015 @ 2:37 PM

Handsome Rob

Been waiting for a new podcast. Will be listening shortly on the drive home!

March 27, 2015 @ 4:05 PM

Liz

@ Mike

Just finished the podcast. I'm imagining Rick getting into his car and shaking his head - wondering how you got him to be so forthcoming. I gather he's a pretty private dude. Really enjoyed this one, Mike.

Also, listened to Jason Barr's podcast the other day. There's an unlikely radio guy! Low key and humble. Gracious, almost. I think we're so used to radio personalities being just that - larger than life personalities - and loud. Jason just seems like a guy who likes his hockey and like the rest of us, has to make a living somehow. He just happens to be on the radio.

March 27, 2015 @ 4:49 PM

@Liz

Rick and I have an interesting relationship. It was great seeing him again.

As for Jason Barr, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from radio one day. I could see him moving the family to a small island and leaving public life behind.

March 27, 2015 @ 4:54 PM

Anon&on

Rinkside!
Wasn't a RR&M listener (did hear them now and then), but surprising how aware I am of Rick Hodge.
Really interesting how many names overlap in all the radio podcasts, great bit about Maie P. I'd love to see one of those infographics that show all the connections between the people and places in radio.
Nothing about dating? I thought he dated or almost dated a close relation?

March 27, 2015 @ 7:46 PM

@Anon&on

I called an audible at the line of scrimmage and decided not to ask the date question.

March 27, 2015 @ 8:04 PM

Anon&on

Aww, that was the Oprah moment- two guys fighting over the kleenex box.

March 27, 2015 @ 9:34 PM

@Anon&on

I was worried my mom would kill me.

March 27, 2015 @ 9:37 PM

Il Duce

Btw, imho you did torpedo him

March 28, 2015 @ 1:03 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Nicely done Mike. I also wondered what happened to his Blog, but can see how the energy for it can be sucked out of you with a string of bad happenings that had taken place.
Can't blame him for ducking up north to get away from being recognized in public spaces, fans just thing you should be accessible at all times if your a public figure.

It feels he has found his place in St. Catharines, probably more appreciated there also.

March 28, 2015 @ 3:17 PM

Eekan Boo

Worst Leafs trades: Damphouse (sic?) for Kordic.

March 29, 2015 @ 11:27 PM

@Eekan Boo

It was Russ Courtnall for Kordic, and yes, that was a terrible trade.

March 30, 2015 @ 8:23 AM

bDot

Vinnie D landed is Grant Fuhr and Glenn Anderson, the start of the early 90's turn around.

March 30, 2015 @ 1:36 PM

bDot

March 30, 2015 @ 1:45 PM

Eekan Boo

Doh! Yes, Courtnall.

March 31, 2015 @ 1:24 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great episode Mike. I was out walking at lunch listening and when you two were talking about the worse Leaf trade, I almost yelled out loud COURTNALL FOR KORDIC!!!!!

April 6, 2015 @ 1:22 PM

Lorne

Hey, Mike. Catching up on my Podcasts. Did Rick Hodge get you the .mp3 of the Sunday Funnies theme song?

October 5, 2016 @ 9:20 AM