Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 99

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 99In this 99th episode, Mike chats with Elvis about Serial, the Pope, the Jays, the redesign and airs a special vintage CFNY Christmas message from David Marsden. This episode is exactly 1:30:35.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Argie

@Mike
I've always enjoyed your podcasts - that's when I have time to listen to them. So because this is a rather long episode, can you tell me when you discuss the Pope? Can you do a brother a favour?

December 8, 2014 @ 1:59 PM

@Argie

The Pope is discussed very early on... Elvis felt the need to discuss some religion since we recorded on the sabbath.

December 8, 2014 @ 2:07 PM

Argie

Great. Thanks.

December 8, 2014 @ 2:40 PM

elvis

You'll love it Argie. ;)

December 8, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great podcast guys. Loved the Serial talk. I can't believe how big that show has become.

You should really check out the Startup podcast. Done by one of the guys who used to be on the Planet Money podcast (another This American Life spin-off). You might find it interesting given your love of podcasting. This guy is starting up his own podcasting network and he takes you along on his journey.

BTW...I use Mailchimp...and Squarespace.

December 8, 2014 @ 3:07 PM

Al The Royal Pain

You guys do realize that Benedict is no longer pope right?

December 8, 2014 @ 3:22 PM

@Al The Royal Pain

I do, that's why I kept saying this is the most progressive pope, ever. Benny.... not so much.

December 8, 2014 @ 3:43 PM

Al The Royal Pain

It sounded like you guys were talking about Benny as if he were still pope.

December 8, 2014 @ 3:58 PM

@Al The Royal Pain

Personally, I wish Kid Craig were pope.

December 8, 2014 @ 4:01 PM

Argie

Benny is great. Frankie not so much.

December 8, 2014 @ 8:00 PM

elvis

My apologies for getting the current Pope's name incorrect. My still argument stands, however, for the five Popes in my lifetime, up to and including Francis.

December 8, 2014 @ 9:12 PM

James Edgar

I've tried without success to listen at work a bunch of times and had basically given up. but for some reason i downloaded it , put it on a flash drive and listened to it in the car yesterday.

Absolutely LOVED it. I've always liked Elvis's comments but in the podcast he was AWESOME as were you Mike!

I'm still not quite down as my commute isn't long enough but for the first time in forever I didn't listen to a minute of the Fan. great stuff ,I'm going to download some more today especially the celebrity interviews Elvis mentioned.

December 9, 2014 @ 8:53 AM

karim kanji

Nice new look Mike. And really enjoyed the show. I actually interrupted me listening to WTF with Chrissie Hynde to listen to you and Elvis riff. disappointed you spent more time talking about the Pope than the Blue Jays. We NEED more Jays Talk on Mike'd Up!

December 9, 2014 @ 11:25 AM