Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 101: Siobhan Morris of NEWSTALK 1010

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 101In this 101st episode, Mike chats with NEWSTALK 1010 reporter Siobhan Morris about all things CFRB, her reporter voice, her visit to Fordfest and why she adopted the Red Sox as her team. This episode is exactly 1:11:37.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

photo 1

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

York North Guy

Who wears a T-shirt in the winter??

December 15, 2014 @ 5:05 PM

@York North Guy

This guy!!

That's my thing.... t-shirt under a heavy winter jacket when outside, just the t-shirt when inside.

December 15, 2014 @ 5:11 PM

Jack

CFRB stands for CANADA'S FIRST ROGERS BATTERYLESS

It was kind of of sad that she didn't know that.

December 15, 2014 @ 8:25 PM

Anon&on

I know I've heard her voice, but (as a casual or infrequent listener of 1010) it didn't really sound familiar until you started talking Ford. Bang! Instantly familiar.
Enjoyed the bit about twitter, would be an interesting discussion topic with any of your media guests.
Good listen.

December 15, 2014 @ 8:53 PM

Argie

@Mike
Wasn't Justine Lewkowicz (I had to Google her to get the spelling correct) available? I love how she says "newstalk TEN-TEN."

T-shirt and warn jacket - that's so me.

December 16, 2014 @ 8:19 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Good episode Mike. I just have a tiny bit of critique for you.

I've noticed that you sometimes interrupt your guest before he/she has a chance to completely answer a question, you did it a few times during this episode.

You're not the only one guilty of this. There have been many interviewers way more seasoned than you who do it as well. I think I recall Strombo being guilty of this early on in his career...Letterman is another who still does it.

To me, It's a sign that the interviewer has the next question loaded and has stopped listening to the response.

I know it's hard to just listen when you probably have a list of questions to get through, but you might find the interview will go in more interesting directions if you react to the answer rather than just rhyming off the next question on your list.

You don't always do it, but I have noticed it before and in this episode it was more apparent.

December 16, 2014 @ 11:56 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

Fair criticism. I'll definitely be more conscious of this in future interviews.

December 16, 2014 @ 1:06 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Listened on the way home in traffic last night, and didn't realize how often I have heard her reports on news talk. She sounded very comfortable talking with you, and always interested on the back story of how they get to where they are.
Love her old country name!
A suggestion for a guest since a large number of your commenter's follow H&F, maybe Scary Pete?

December 17, 2014 @ 6:45 AM

Tim Geddes

Listened and dude was right, you asked her quick fun questions that you answered before she could

July 6, 2017 @ 12:20 AM

This was early in my podcasting career. I feel I've improved a great deal since then.

July 6, 2017 @ 11:31 AM

jai

My comments on interviewing. The most important factor in carrying out an interview
is listening one word can lead to the next question....forget about your list of questions
unless you are interviewing a politician who gives YOU the bs they have limited time for you.
Yes it is fine to have at least five questions on your list but do not only concentrate on your
questions LISTEN ....