The Sony Hack and North Korea

You've likely heard that North Korea hacked and threatened Sony because of The Interview, a Seth Rogen and James Franco comedy that was due to be released later this month. It's all over the place, but I don't believe that's what's happened here.

Yes, I believe Sony was hacked. By the sounds of it, they were super hacked, if that's a thing. 100 terabytes of data has been stolen from Sony servers, but I don't believe North Korea is behind that and I don't believe it had anything to do with The Interview.

Here's a good timeline of events. You'll see this all started on November 24. There was absolutely no link made between the cyber attack and The Interview until Sony Pictures made the inference in a report five days later.

Marc Rogers, a whitehat hacker and security evangelist, explains why this most likely has nothing to do with North Korea. He points to the broken English that "reads to me like an English speaker pretending to be bad at writing English" and the changing of language/locale of the computer before compiling the code. He makes a compelling argument, and combined with what we know about North Korean computing, it seems rather unlikely that North Korea could pull this off.

Then, there's this:

It’s clear from the hard-coded paths and passwords in the malware that whoever wrote it had extensive knowledge of Sony’s internal architecture and access to key passwords. While it’s plausible that an attacker could have built up this knowledge over time and then used it to make the malware, Occam’s razor suggests the simpler explanation of an insider. It also fits with the pure revenge tact that this started out as.

Whoever did this is in it for revenge. The info and access they had could have easily been used to cash out, yet, instead, they are making every effort to burn Sony down. Just think what they could have done with passwords to all of Sony’s financial accounts? With the competitive intelligence in their business documents? From simple theft, to the sale of intellectual property, or even extortion – the attackers had many ways to become rich. Yet, instead, they chose to dump the data, rendering it useless. Likewise, I find it hard to believe that a “Nation State” which lives by propaganda would be so willing to just throw away such an unprecedented level of access to the beating heart of Hollywood itself.

But what about Sony's claim, soon to be supported by the United States government, that North Korea is behind these attacks in an effort to stop The Interview from being released? Sorry, but that's far too convenient for everyone involved.

Sony is under immense scrutiny for their massive security failure, and blaming North Korea is the easiest way out for management. Tying this threat to North Korea also helps with the US political agenda. Everybody wins with this convenient spin.

And meanwhile, there's this lousy* comedy that was sure to be a dog with fleas and is suddenly the water cooler topic of the day. At some point, Sony can release The Interview and it will become an American's patriotic duty to see it. Talk about taking very sour lemons and making lemonade!

interview

To summarize, I believe the hack was real, but it had nothing to do with The Interview and North Korea is not behind it. I'm basing this on everything I've read on the subject, and we'll see if I'm right.

Meanwhile, Sony is fucked. Security matters, and they just found out the hard way. What do you think of this developing story?

* I haven't seen this movie, and cannot confirm it's lousy, but I did see an account from one person who saw a screening who thought it was "lousy", but maybe that person thought Airplane was lousy.

McNulty

I only take issue with your assumption that the movie is lousy. You haven't seen it.

Maybe it's North Korea and maybe it's not. There was an insider working with whomever did this. And time will tell who it was.

If it's a disgruntled employee then the security at Sony was woefully inadequate.

December 18, 2014 @ 5:06 PM

this guest

Publicity stunt?

December 18, 2014 @ 5:24 PM

Anonymous

If only Argie could find a way to tie 'Mooslims' into this.

December 18, 2014 @ 5:26 PM

Glen

@this guest

In order for this to be a publicity stunt you would need the movie to be shown in theatres. It won't be now.

You don't involve Homeland Security and the US State Department to promote your movie. That would be suicide.

This is something else.

December 18, 2014 @ 6:15 PM

Irv

@TorontoMike

Funny, yesterday I posted elsewhere two articles. One was the US Feds saying it was North Korea, the other was the FBI saying it was not. As it happened on American soil, the FBI would have investigated it.

But all that white hack technical stuff aside here is why I don't think it's North Korea.

When nation states hack, they tend to stay under the radar. They do it for a multitude of reasons many of them obvious (like why would you expose yourself). THIS hack has ALL the trademarks of a very skilled hacking crew. Most important is the whole grandiose nature of it. Hackers love to taunt their victims. Much of the time it's done for the "lulz" (laughs). The other is to attract media attention (of which they are highly effective). Secondly, the target is Sony. Sony is seen as a heavy handed corporation which falls right in the cross hairs of hacker ethos. Hacker ethos = "knowledge is free". Sony has gone after journalists who have written about this. http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/12/in-damage-control-sony-targets-reporters/

Further, Sony has been on the receiving end of several hacks from both Lulzsec & Antisec, both splinter groups of #Anonymous. Just last week the "Lizard Group" took down the Sony Playstation network as well. I think it was it was the Sony Playstation network that was taken down for an entire weekend with the well named "OpGoOutside".

Finally, the real nail in the coffin is the whole shaming aspect of it. Posting personal details, especially nasty emails about actors & even racist comments about Obama. That is hacker through and through. And let's not forget the Sony BMG root kit scandal.

That the US may be using this as a reason to up the ante with North Korea doesn't surprise me at all. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Feds. Opportunism at it's finest.

Oh and if they pulled out 100 TB of data and it was NK it would have been noticed. NK only has a handful of IP numbers (I got em on a hard drive somewhere). Put the federal hackers aside, there are probably thousands of political hackers jostling for a spot to fuck NK in the ass.

December 18, 2014 @ 6:26 PM

Ajax Mike

No matter the circumstances, Sony's lost my business. I'll be in the market for a new TV and gaming system in the near-ish future, and I've never been particularly brand-loyal, but I'll take a stand here and now and say that nothing I get will be Sony-branded. I already was wary of them from the PS Online hack a year or two back, and of course the latest "mega" hack. However, their response is the final straw.

Pulling the movie is the absolute wrong thing to do (whether or not it was actually NK), because all it does is encourage others. "Hey look, governments won't negotiate with us, but we can put corporations over a barrel with a few embarrassing emails!" Even if you don't like big companies like Sony, it's a troubling precedent to be set.

Had Sony taken the opposite approach, spoken up and say that they wouldn't be bullied, they'd still be in consideration. Hell, I might've even gone to see the movie. Zero chance now. Screw Sony, they deserve whatever they get.

December 18, 2014 @ 10:47 PM

Buford T Justice

great post. Well written and interesting. Hope to see more like this

December 19, 2014 @ 7:06 AM

Speysidephil

It's becoming clearer as the days go by that North Korea is directly involved in this attack on Sony. The FBI will soon announce that they have indisputable proof of this.
The question will be what does the U.S. Do about it.
Is the next attack on the Hydro Grid, Air Traffic Control, the possibilities are endless. This needs a firm, no holds barred response from the U.S.

December 19, 2014 @ 8:46 AM

@McNulty

You're right, we don't know it's lousy. I know of someone who found it lousy, but I don't know that person and can't trust his opinion.

I've edited the original entry.

December 19, 2014 @ 9:38 AM

Irv

@Speyside

So North Korea hacked Sony did they? That's funny because just last week the FBI said they did not. Here's a trusted news source http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/09/us-sony-cybersecurity-fbi-idUSKBN0JN1MF20141209

You know what's interesting Speyside? Some of the most renowned security analysts in the world state question that it's North Korea. Even Kevin Mitnick chimed in. Further, many of the grey & black hat hackers don't buy it.

How is it becoming clear Speyside. Show me the evidence & I'll analyze it. You can't because the only access you have is the US government telling you this along with their puppet media.

This wasn't a "Nation Hack". It's a hacking crew or it's a hacking crew doing what they've been paid for (aka espionage). The reality of the real world is that corporations DO attack each other.

December 19, 2014 @ 11:06 AM

Speysidephil

@Irv
Well Irv, I hate to throw it back, but "show me the evidence".
I know that you are paranoid about anything Government (with good reason sometimes), but the possibility that it is NK is just as plausible as yours and Mikes theory.
We will wait and see.

December 19, 2014 @ 11:38 AM

Speysidephil

The FBI has just announced a direct link to North Korea in the cyber attack against Sony.

December 19, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

@Speysidephil

This is a developing story. I expected the FBI to implicate the North Korean government yesterday.

I'll need to see this evidence and judge for myself. I hope they make it public.

December 19, 2014 @ 11:52 AM

Irv

@Speyside

My "proof" Speyside? How about the countless security practitioners who question the claim? These are some of the worlds most gifted security analysts. If this was a murder & 1000 police detectives questioned the outcome would you believe them?

What you don't understand is that hackers are masters of information because in this day & age nothing is more important than controlling the data. They are the ghosts in the wires. They see the power, corruption and lies that the rest of society does not see. And that is why so many question the government & major corporations (remind you of anyone). And all of us are well aware how insecure the system it; how easy it is to exploit.

Hacking, whether it be black hat, grey hat or white hat is a culture. The entire community is definitely diverse but we understand each other. I understand the motivations of Nation Hacking just as I understand the mandate of someone like the Syrian Electronic Army. Further, hacking is implicitly political. Let me tell you, you'd be hard pressed to find a hacker of any level who isn't politically aware. Hacker ethos = knowledge should be free. We know our culture & how certain elements of it act. The actions of this GOP group tell me clearly this is not Nation Hacking. The whole ego element tells me everything I need to know Phil.

Speyside, I spend a whole chunk of my life living this life. I wake up and I start reading security information at 5:30. When I get home at night I put in an hour or two reading a security related book or watching some computer based training. I'm currently investigating taking my Private Investigator License so to help me to reconnaissance when I am hired to play the 'villian' and test the security of executives. I live and breath this life & I love it.

Yes I just read the FBI made that announcement. Yet a week ago they had an entirely different idea and made it clear that there was "little evidence". When did the new evidence arrive? . You don't find that strange Phil? You can't imagine that just maybe the Obama government is using this as a means of diversion so the population will forget about his endless litany of failures?

December 19, 2014 @ 12:43 PM

Anonymous

Show me the evidence? Really? Are you savvy enough to sort through the identified code and determine its origin? Show me a coder that hasn't copied or imitated. There are many elements which need to be looked at in totality. Reality is that no one outside of those doing the forensic investigation has enough data to do anything but stand on a soapbox and throw out a line. You really think anyone needs more of an angle to lean on the North Koreans. Given they have their own Linux fork and the ability to develop nuclear weapons I thin their tech savy isn't for you to judge. Further they obviously have the ability to hire any 3rd parties (Chinese?). Then again, I can't say definitively either. Just wouldn't rule them out so quickly. Would be interested to see what Mitnick says. His big angle was exploiting people. It's really amazing that Sony hadn't improved their security posture.

December 19, 2014 @ 8:49 PM

markosaar

@McNulty,

Strongly disagree. That kind of reasoning depends on so many links of the chain being savvy, informed, and loyal. When the FBI said "90% of corporations would be susceptible to this kind of attack", that part rang true.

The only way security would have a even a slight chance of being adequate would be to have capable geeks controlling all aspects of this stuff, and then either instill enough loyalty somehow, or pay them highly enough to not risk selling out.

December 19, 2014 @ 9:02 PM

@Anonymous

Yes, show the evidence. Not that I would understand it, but those who would can peruse the evidence and write opinion pieces on whether it's valid or not.

It's like a minor league baseball trade. I personally won't know whether it's a good trade for my team, but analysts will dissect the deal and I'll read their opinions on the deal and form my own from that.

December 20, 2014 @ 12:03 AM

Irv

@Anonymous

Their linux fork is Red Star OS. If you can get a copy of it, check it out. They've altered the calender so the entire date system starts when the first Kim Jong was born. The internet pipe that connects to NK travels through China too. Only the chosen few have internet but they run their own internal "Internet". South Korean has it's share of both black and white hat hackers so I'm curious as to why they didn't notice all this traffic.

@Markosaar: The easier method to break into any computer network is not technical, but human. You could show up at reception in a panic saying you spilled coffee on a report you needed to give to a recruiter. Receptionist takes USB stick, plugs in, prints, system infected. Or drop USB sticks in a bathroom with a folder that says "photos". People WILL look. Payload executed. And if you don't want to do that, well try something like this. Find the name of the executive, if possible one with ties to IT. Then you do "reconnaissance" on him. You find out everything you can about him (a cakewalk in a world of social media). You then profile him and you find out he loves ABC Restaurant. You send snail mail with an actual gift card from the place and a link to "activate it". The link is a website with malware. You are now in. Keystroke logger captures all the data and you've now got executive credentials.

Or, there is the case of just paying someone off. In my head swirl the passwords of companies I've did work with. Enterprise level credentials. Say I was corrupt and without integrity well I could seek out those looking to access & cut a deal. The dark net is full of hackers for hire & data for sale. Hell, a disgruntled system administrator could sell his access. Maybe he's in debt & needs the money & the company has treated him poorly.

Kevin Mitnick ‏@kevinmitnick 18h 18 hours ago

I wonder if the Feds are going to release some real evidence in the Sony case rather than trying to make the evidence fit their agenda? (PS, if you read the Twitter thread I am not the bmirvine guy lol).

Kevin Mitnick @kevinmitnick · 24h 24 hours ago

Trust us, it was NK. But we are not going to share any details on the investigation. What bullshit. They need to be transparent on this one.

December 20, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

Irv

If you don't know who Kevin Mitnick is, blurb below is him. Reminds me of the days of reading 2600 The Hacker Quarterly & "Free Kevin"

Once one of the FBI’s Most Wanted because he hacked into 40 major corporations just for the challenge, Kevin is now a trusted security consultant to the Fortune 500 and governments worldwide.

Kevin and his Global Ghost Team™ now maintain a 100 percent successful track record of being able to penetrate the security of any system they are paid to hack into using a combination of technical exploits and social engineering. As CEO and chief “white hat” hacker at one of the most advanced boutique security firms in the world, Kevin mentors leaders, executives, and staff on both the theory and practice of social engineering, topics on which he is the leading global authority. Kevin also helps consumers—from students to retirees—learn how to protect their information and themselves from harm, using understandable terms and a friendly approach.

December 20, 2014 @ 12:46 PM

Irv

"We need more rules about how the internet should operate," -Obama on Sony hack.

Via AnonQC (Anonymous Quebec) "Knowledge is Free". QC nails it, this is EXACTLY what this about.

December 20, 2014 @ 1:05 PM

Anonymous

Mitnick's number one method is/was social engineering. Which actually is incredibly insidious as it of course provides internal corporate info which allows for the penetration of a very secure infrastructure. Not a big fan of him.

Release the evidence? Kidding right? Any idea of the time, resources and money which need to go into re-securing the corporation? Think of all the component changes which need to be updated, upgraded, reconfigured, regression tested... And then all the downstream integration testing. It's why you invest in properly doing these activities up front and build a secure culture. I do hope that all the details are shared with the broader tech community as it helps other companies protect themselves. But it's going to take quite some time for that to be done responsibly.

December 20, 2014 @ 1:30 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Very interesting read and opinions on the subject.

December 20, 2014 @ 3:18 PM

Irv

@Anonymous

While S/E might be insidious, from an ethical hackers standpoint it's the reality. Unethical social engineers are called "con men". The fact is it works. S/E is something I'm familiar with but I admit in some aspects I take issue with it.

On the topic of corporate security, yes, a breach costs money & sometimes jobs. I say so what. On a near weekly basis I see some corporation that gets breached & personal data is stolen. Often they are reticent to bring up the breach to their staff or customers. How is that right? How is it that a large retailer has weak security & during a breach millions of credit cards are stolen. The result (at the least) is a whole shitload of work on behalf of banks..plus stolen identity, etc. This costs "the system" millions & those retailers, corporations, etc don't pay. How is that fair?

As long as we treat security as an afterthought this will continue. Your personal information is the new currency. There is a big market for it.

Side note: Not every hacker is a bad person even if they aren't legit. Many computer hackers & groups (Anonymous) have played a pivotal part in shining the light on corruption. If you're interested Bella Coleman has a new book on hackers & trolls (mostly Anonymous albeit). Good read.

The video below is a great example of shining a light on government corruption. Hacktivism at it's best & all legal too.

December 20, 2014 @ 4:32 PM

Anonymous

@irv

Look

December 20, 2014 @ 9:06 PM

Anonymous

Too funny... Anyway, won't defend an unethical corp but it's still the staff, customer, clients, shareholders that are affected in any case. The activity is still criminal and in my mind can't be defended. It's not just the corporations though, look at the prevelance of FOSS and then consider the number of serious issues that have come to light over the past 12 months. Any indemnification? Pretty much zero. Lazy coders? Insufficient testing? Lack of focus on security? You would be describing the vast majority of developers. But to be fair it's really hard. Sony failed at multiple levels (host/network intrusion, threat detection and response, adequate access controls to critical data, and probably a poor culture) which is of course why the attack succeeded and why it is so damaging.

December 20, 2014 @ 9:35 PM

Anonymous

So to get a full picture you have to read a lot of very technical reports from the network security community. My understanding of the attack comes from reading (probably way too many) technical reports about it. I'll try and give the most readable sources here.

November 24th

The first public notification of the hack came on Reddit. Within an hour Deadline Hollywood reported Sony had sent a memo to all employees warning of the hack. This was followed by a flurry of reporting then the release of proof of the hack.

November 26th

Three movies leak online, the FBI begins investigating the breach. When the BBC asks North Korea if they were responsible they respond "Wait and see".

December 1st

The initial data leak. I won't post it here but it's still available if you look on torrent sites. It's 26 GB of files and contained Social Security numbers, names, contact details, contact phone numbers, dates of birth, email addresses, employment benefits, workers compensation details, retirement and termination plans, employees previous work history, executive salaries, medical plans, dental plans, genders, employee IDs, sales reports, copies of passport information and receipts for travel of all Sony Pictures employees worldwide. Much of this information notably "\HR\Benefits\Mayo Health\Mayo XEROX assessment feed" was stored in plaintext.

December 3rd

The second data leak. This one garnered less press but contained was considerably more dangerous. It contained full security certificate information, internal and external account credentials, authentication credentials with plaintext passwords for systems such as the Sony YouTube page and UPS accounts. I've heard that much of this information was available because an IT director was comprised apparently he had no background in IT and was actually a marketing exec who reached the position (and thus higher salary) through corporate politics. You can see for example is was good at naming files.

December 4th

The FBI issued a confidential flash warning to the security departments of large American companies warning about a new malware called Destover Backdoor.

I can't post the notice itself (it's confidential) but I can post the Symantec writeup about it.

As people started to analyze the code sample provided we learned that it was created on a computer using the Korean language and included pictures with Sony's name written on a tombstone (meaning that it was a targeted attack). The picture also contained the text “We’ve already warned you, and this is just the beginning. We continue till our request be met.” Note that no where did they say what their demands were though North Korea had previous threatened Sony over the release of The Interview.

We also learned how to detect the "Command and Control" modules of the code. Initially the virus just exposes the computers files and configures it to run a webserver. It also attempts to spread throughout the network targeting access to specific machines and ip addresses. Because these are hardcoded it means the attacker either had inside help or had previously penetrated Sony's network and gathered information. The malware only begins to broadcast back to the C&C servers once it’s been launched—and deletion of data on the targeted network has already begun. This likely triggered by a hard coded time in the code. This type of malware is consistent with a watering hole or spear phishing attack. The C&C servers the malware connects to were used previous by a piece of malware known as DarkSeoul which North Korea used to attack South Korea previously.

December 7th

Third data leak. This one contains all of Sony Pictures' financial information. Bloomberg reports that the initial data breach occurred at a hotel in Thailand where a Sony executive was staying. This is likely the source of the inside information about Sony's network.

December 8th

Another leak, this one was just posted to pastebin before quickly being taken down. This one contains the email archives of two executives: Steve Mosko, President of Sony Pictures Television and Amy Pascal, Co-Chairman, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Chairman, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. There's some confusion about the authenticity of this post. The data leaked is authentic but it looks like it came from a different group than the first 3 leaks. It also specifically mentions The Interview, which previous leaks did not. Consensus of the security community seems to be that this was a copycat or disgruntled employee taking advantage of the situation.

Security company Kaspersky releases its report which shows the initial computer virus used in the attack is the same at that used in the Shamoon attack where North Korea went after Saudi Arabia. We are also told that three security certificates used a password of "password".

December 10th

The next leak occurs. This one bears the signature of the first three leaks, meaning it is likely genuine. It includes information about Sony’s anti-piracy efforts, entertainment deals in the works, internal procedures related to tracking torrents and other illegal downloading. It also contains a document that outlines Sony’s cooperation with 5 major Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to collect full data for monitoring illegal downloads.

On the same day the attacker behind the December 8th leaks releases another set of emails, these belonging to Leah Weil, Senior Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Sony Pictures Entertainment. They seem to be trying to piggyback onto the real leak. This is completely off topic but I wanted to mention the through these emails we learned that George Clooney is apparently the only person working with or for Sony that understand information security.

News stories proliferate.

December 13th

The next authentic leak. This one contains internal documents for tracking deals, expenditures, and revenue. It also contains information about the state of all deals Sony is currently working on. While previous leaks were initially seeded in China, this one was initially seeded in Taipei, Taiwan.

At this point IT workers at Sony begin anonymously talking to the press. They paint a picture of a company with an outdated network, lax security standards, and an unwillingness to hire quality professionals in IT and software development (believing top talent in these areas to be "too expensive"). They also describe a very traditional big corporate office environment in which things like "ass in chair" time spent at work is valued over results. Most promotions seem to be driven by office politics not talent.

December 16th

There's been many media articles, speculation, theories, and controversy. For weeks Sony has been fighting the leaks via takedown notices, hacking of their own, and pleas in the media. They activate their "cybercrime" insurance which provides them with $65 million in coverage. They cancel most media appearances in promotion of the film.

December 17th

A group of individuals makes threats of violence at US movie theaters which show The Interview. These are different in style, content, and tone than all communications from the actual hacker. They seem obviously fake, created by pranksters to take advantage of the tense situation. Regardless almost every theater chains pulls the movie from their schedule.

In an show of incredibly lazy journalism many media outlets (lead by Wired) publish stories stating that North Korea was not behind any of the hacking. These mix together the details of several attacks and treat all leaks (both credible and not) as coming from the same actor. At the same time more respectable media outlets like the NY Times, The Wall St. Journal, and The Washington Post publish stories stating that North Korea is "almost certainly" behind the attack and cite a litany of security professionals and confidential government sources.

While all the circumstantial evidence points to North Korea we do lack documented forensic trail that truly establishes some level of attribution with certainty.

December 18th

Sony cancels The Interview.

They also quietly cancel "Pyongyang" another comedy starring Steve Carell. Produced by company New Regency and directed by Gore Verbinski, the story is based on a graphic novel and follows a Westerner that is accused of espionage in North Korea.

December 19th

The FBI firmly places the blame on North Korea.

Everyone rushes to put this in a political frame.

December 21, 2014 @ 10:38 PM

Ajax Mike

@Anonymous, I was just about to post that. Here's the source, so that credit goes where credit is due: http://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/2puo8h/bittorrent_offers_distribute_sonys_the_interview/cn0ksh7

December 22, 2014 @ 6:02 AM

Irv

@Anonymous

The biggest issue with FOSS is that it's being technically raped. Look at the heart bleed bug. The technology was being used everywhere (by profit generating companies) and the donations to the foundation were literally non existent. I'm an open source advocate & Linux is my first choice for an OS (I've used it since Slackware 3..but don't always use it). Corps need to invest in FOSS without expecting ownership.

======

The point that it was written on a computer that had the Korean language model loaded really doesn't say much. It's a common tactic to compile like that. It makes it more difficult for investigators. Take Stuxnet for example. It was allegedly written by the USA to infiltrate SCADA systems at nuclear power plants in Iran. Then it got loose in the wild & now it's used against the USA.

Nice to see someone with an interest in security. It boggles my mind that people take such little interest in it. I worked for years in IT as a consultant. My fair guess is that almost all small business have the risk level of "high" when it comes to security. I've worked with companies who simply don't patch for fear it "might break things". I still see companies who use Windows XP (and sometimes those are institutions which should not be using Windows XP).

I see ISIS is now in the game too. http://hackread.com/isis-deploys-malware-to-hunt-critics/ Not long after the incident in Ottawa operatives were tweeting out what happened. They must stay glued to the news.....or....

December 22, 2014 @ 9:21 AM

Speysidephil

@TM

And these "experts" will never buy the claim against North Korea.
Never!!!
A total mistrust and deep paranoia to anything Government says or does.

December 22, 2014 @ 11:14 AM

@Speysidephil

Let's let this story unfold and breathe a little... I've shared my initial thoughts, but could be wrong and won't be shy to say so.

December 22, 2014 @ 11:37 AM

Speysidephil

@TM

Agreed!

December 22, 2014 @ 12:35 PM

this guest

this reads like a
mystery novel

December 22, 2014 @ 1:07 PM

Irv

@Speyside

Yeah, why would these "experts" question the government. They're only the purveyors & guardians of the secrets. They're paid to defend it & to not be whistleblowers (like Snowden was).

It's like being a hooker near Parliament Hill Speyside. You know you've got the power to destroy lives it's just integrity (or maybe fear of Russian exile) that keeps you in line.

#WelcomeToRealitySlick.

December 22, 2014 @ 8:18 PM

Irv

What's even neater? Guardians of Peace @GuardiansGOP · Dec 19

We are not Korean.

And the Twitter API responded that this account was opened Oct 24th 2014. So this isn't some hacker motherfuckery. Even the hackers say they aren't fucking Korean.

Did ya read this Obama?

December 22, 2014 @ 8:34 PM

The Interview is now available for rental ($6) or purchase ($15) in the USA on Google Play Movies and YouTube Movies

December 24, 2014 @ 4:19 PM