Star Trek Finale at SkyDome

Back in 1994, 40,000 people watched the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation at SkyDome. Yes, this actually happened.

Here's a clip shared by Retrontario featuring Monika Deol and some guy named Howard from CFNY.

Were you one of the 40,000 Star Trek fans at SkyDome that night?

Douglas

I wasn't at SkyDome for the Star Trek: The Next Generation finale. I'm sure it would have been fun, but I probably would have had more than my fill of superfans in costumes.

I did go to the finale of M*A*S*H, which 680 CFTR and the John Landecker show hosted in the grand ballroom at the Sheraton Centre. There was a lot of emotion, running the full spectrum, in the ballroom.

One of my first reactions to seeing Monika Deol's name was "whatever happened to...?", but I seem to recall that she went to Vancouver about ten years ago.

That Howard guy? Nevermind...

December 4, 2014 @ 11:20 AM

@robdaily

This is pretty awesome. I found another clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hzfyrl1Z9k
All good things... engage?

December 4, 2014 @ 11:58 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I vaguely remember that. I remember watching the finale at home though. It was the last time I really made time to watch a Star Trek series. Never got into DS9, Voyager or the one with Scott Bakula in it (I can't remember what it was called) although I really wanted to love that one.

I watched most of the movies and I loved the two new ones done with the new cast.

December 4, 2014 @ 12:08 PM

Tim

I did not know that they screened the star trek tng finale at the skydome. I watched the cheers and seinfeld finale at the skydome..it was fun!!!

December 4, 2014 @ 2:56 PM

519 Rob

@Al The Royal pain
I think the Scott Bakula one was just called Enterprise. I watched the first 1/2 season, but lost track of it. I did enjoy it at the time.

And I agree, being there would've been very cool (cool doesn't feel like the right word here, but I digress).

December 4, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

Ajax Mike

I was a dedicated fan of ST:TNG back in the day, only missed one episode out of all seven seasons on the original air dates. That said, I agree with Douglas above; too many "weirdos" in one place. :) I think a couple of my high school friends went though. I'd be far more tolerant and willing to go to something like that these days I think.

December 4, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

markosaar

I caught the odd episode in my childhood but was never really into it. Been slowly going through them all now on Netflix.

It's ...okay. Pretty damn corny.

I surprisingly thought The Original Series has aged so much better. I hated it when I was a child, but I feel it's a solid series. Also the restoration/remastering, which is the version on Netflix, did a really nice job of staying true to the style, but got rid of a lot of the blatently hokey effects. Simple but clean.

Also I never appreciated what a colossal dick Bones was to Spock before.

I don't think I have it in me to rewatch TNG in the remastered format.

December 4, 2014 @ 10:03 PM

The Voice

I wish I had gone. I was too young.

December 5, 2014 @ 9:51 AM