Pillow Talk

I sleep on a very low, almost flat pillow. It's polar fleece and barely raises my head above the mattress. I don't think pillows come much lower than this one.

It's always been my preference. When it comes to pillows, I guess you could say I'm a minimalist. Whenever I'm at a hotel or somewhere with regular height pillows, I struggle to sleep and usually decide I'm better off with no pillow at all. I find the regular height pillows strain my neck.

My wife can't believe I'm able to sleep on my pillow, as hers is much higher. Funnily enough, I feel the same way about her pillow. When it comes to pillows, we're on opposite ends of the spectrum.

What's your pillow preference for sleeping? Low, medium, high or other?

Ajax Mike

I prefer a flat firm pillow, with a soft plush one on top of it. Best of both worlds I suppose.

December 14, 2014 @ 10:06 AM

Digger03

Same as you TM.......pancake style saves my neck!

December 14, 2014 @ 10:15 AM

GUNTer

im the same mike. my pillow is basically two pieces of cotton sewed together. flaaaat.
my dh sleeps with two giant fluffy pillows!
it is actually quite hard for me to find pillows that are suitably flat for me.

December 14, 2014 @ 10:22 AM

Lyle Lanley

The targeted ad for this one is perfect. #1 memory foam pillows!

I personally like my pillow like I like my pancakes: flat.

December 14, 2014 @ 10:40 AM

Al Reda

Medium pillow for me.

December 14, 2014 @ 1:41 PM

Blind Dave

Medium pillow for me and very few sheets on my body. I even have a summer pillowcase all year round so I don't get too hot.

December 14, 2014 @ 2:54 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I sleep in a lot of hotel rooms with my line of work, and Comfort Inn now has several choices of pillow in your room. I could never stand the super thick ones also, my neck would be cricked all day.

December 14, 2014 @ 2:58 PM

Irv

My address is 1974 Volkswagen Van Cresent, so I don't use a pillow, I use the headrest.

December 14, 2014 @ 5:11 PM

Cheryl

Just a regular pillow for me and I have two pillows, but don't have a second pillow under my head. One is under my head and one is on top of my head. My mom got me used to sleeping that way when I was younger and have done it ever since.

December 14, 2014 @ 6:19 PM

Guelphite

I just spent $160 on a new temperpedic pillow and so far it's been worth every penny. As an extremely cheap (or frugal) person I never thought I would spend more than $20 on a pillow but after switching to a temperpedic bed last year my back has never felt better. The pillow also came with a five year satisfaction warranty so I plan on exchanging it in a couple of years if it loses its form.

December 14, 2014 @ 6:43 PM

Doug

Flat for me...I take my pillow with me on trips that when I drive. I can't stand most pillows in hotel rooms and at relatives.

December 15, 2014 @ 8:22 AM

Brother Ryan

I agree with Mike. Flat pillows rock. Hard to find a good new one. They are all so big!!!

December 16, 2014 @ 2:05 PM

markosaar

I usually sleep without one.

But honestly, I just ... don't know how to sleep. Sleeping on my side is comfortable, but causes shoulder-pain during the day. Sleeping on my back (with a pillow) causes me to snore.

December 16, 2014 @ 10:38 PM