I'm a Bit Behind on my Movie Watching

The Golden Globe Award nominations were announced today, and it seems I'm a bit behind on my movie watching.

Here are the nominations for Best Motion Picture, Drama. Of these, I've only seen Boyhood, which I loved.

• Boyhood
  • Foxcatcher
  • The Imitation Game
  • Selma
  • The Theory of Everything

Here are the nominations for Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy. I haven't seen a single one, although I'm just trying to find an open block of time before diving into The Grand Budapest Hotel.

• Birdman
  • Into The Woods
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • St. Vincent
  • Pride

I've got some work to do.

Al The Royal Pain

The only ones i've seen so far are Boyhood (I also enjoyed it), St. Vncent (Bill Murray was great as usual), and Grand Budapest Hotel (typical Wes Anderson).

I'm looking forward to Birdman.

December 11, 2014 @ 1:58 PM

brad

where do i go when the pirate bay is down?

December 11, 2014 @ 2:26 PM

The_Voice

I've seen The Imitation Game and Theory of Everything. Enjoyed Imitation game a lot more.

December 11, 2014 @ 2:59 PM

Philly-Bob

@ Brad - kickasstorrents or isohunt

December 11, 2014 @ 3:05 PM

Argie

St Vincent was good, not great.

I was disappointed with Boyhood. I realize its just a movie about life - or as Seinfeld was say "its about nothing." Unfortunately I didn't realize that until after the movie (I.E. I kept waiting for something to happen). I've enjoyed Linklater's "After" movies but this one was kind of a waste.

Looking fwd to Birdman.

December 11, 2014 @ 3:24 PM

Al The Royal Pain

@Argie

I agree that St. VIncent was just OK. As far as coming of age films go, I've seen better. What did you think of Murray though? I really enjoyed him in it. I also liked Naomi Watts and even McCarthy was good against type.

December 11, 2014 @ 3:42 PM

Argie

@Al
I agree, I thought those 3 were terrific. I've never got the whole Bill Murray appeal but I thought the role was perfect for him. Apparently the producers wanted Nicholson for it but he turned them down.

Kind of a departure for McCarthy and of course Watts was hot - and still is HOT!

December 11, 2014 @ 7:59 PM

Ben Vidal

The Grand Budapest Hotel was dreadfully boring, barely funny and altogether derivative. Yes it is a Wes Anderson movie and I know that he is some sort of God when it comes to movies, but this one was a real stinker.

Watts has and always will be HOT.

December 11, 2014 @ 10:34 PM

Al The Royal Pain

@Ben Vidal

I was lukewarm on Grand Budapest. I generally like the tone of Wes Anderson movies, but the stories themselves usually leave me disappointed and unsure if I actually liked what I just saw, or just appreciated the art of it. Something like Darjeeling Limited was beautiful to see, but in the end kind of pointless.

December 12, 2014 @ 9:55 AM

You have all successfully lowered my expectation level for Grand Budapest Hotel.

But I do love Wes Anderson movies.

December 12, 2014 @ 9:57 AM

thepiratebay.cr is fake.

I understand it's a copy of kickass.so.

December 12, 2014 @ 3:22 PM

Alan

Just saw Birdman. Excellent. I loved St. Vincent. Liked Boyhood. Could not stand Grand Budapest.

December 13, 2014 @ 9:26 PM