If You Listen to Toronto Mike'd, How Do You Listen?

If You Listen to Toronto Mike'd, How Do You Listen?I have a question for those of you who listen to my podcast. Those of you who don't are excused.

How exactly do you listen?

Do you...

• Subscribe via another podcast aggregator?
  • Download the MP3 and play it another way?
  • Play it directly off of this blog?
  • Have another neat little trick that makes your life easier?

Please let me know in the comments. And if you listen but don't normally comment, perhaps this is the day you break your silence.

TheSweaterTuck

Through iTunes or the podcast app on my iPhone...usually while walking the dog.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:05 AM

markosaar

I use Doggcatcher on Android. Your podcast is searchable there, but I don't know what aggregator or directory it's pulling it from.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:07 AM

@markosaar

My guess is it's getting it from the iTunes directory.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:16 AM

Lyle Lanley

I'm ashamed to say I play it right off your site.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:16 AM

Douglas

I tend to play them right from the site. If I had/could be bothered to install mp3 capability in my (2006) car, I would download and listen in the car. With only a 10-12 minute drive to work, listening while commuting would take days per episode.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:24 AM

Broni

Download to my iPod on a case-by-case basis, then listen while jogging. I haven't subscribed because unless I don't understand iTunes, it seems that once you subscribe, all episodes download automatically.
If somebody knows how to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes but not automatically get the downloads, let me know. I'd be happy to subscribe, especially if the tally helps Mike's iTunes standing.
This is the only podcast I currently listen to, and the celebrity interview editions are top-notch!

December 4, 2014 @ 11:33 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I use feedly to manage all my RSS subscriptions including podcasts. Then I use BeyondPod on my phone which connects to Feedly and downloads all unread podcasts every night at midnight so I'll have them the next day.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

karim kanji

Stitcher app on my mobile. I don't use iPhone and am not a fan of iTunes.

December 4, 2014 @ 12:01 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Here are the podcasts I'm currently subscribed to:

Journalism, Storytelling & Interest:

Filmspotting
Toronto Mike'd
Audiojunkies
How Did This Get Made?

December 4, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

Lorne

Download the MP3 and listen on Winamp (though it might as well be "the mp3 playing program or device of my choice"). Thank you, as always, for making the mp3 directly available.

December 4, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

Claire

I use Downcast for the iPhone - the best app I've ever used for managing podcasts. At the moment I also listen to This American Life, Serial, the Slate Serial spoiler podcasts and the BBC Radio Five film podcast 'Wittertainment".

December 4, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

markosaar

Lorne, die-hard, eh?

Totally tangential, but did you ever check out Foobar2k?

December 4, 2014 @ 12:29 PM

sctt

*resuming silence

December 4, 2014 @ 1:01 PM

519 Rob

I use iTunes almost exclusively, though I do occasionally listen directly through your site.

December 4, 2014 @ 3:26 PM

Blind Dave

Download the mp3 and listen on winamp.

December 4, 2014 @ 3:55 PM

Jason from Sudbury

So I'm actually not the only one that uses Winamp? That's crazy. But yeah I usually just download the mp3 file and either listen on my pc or mp3 player.

December 4, 2014 @ 5:35 PM

Anon&on

Downcast for iPhone.

December 4, 2014 @ 6:33 PM

felix

I, too, am an mp3 downloader.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:11 PM

Eekan Boo

I download the mp3 from your site and listen on my Samsung Note 10.1 and/or my BB Z10.

Radio is dead, I listen to Toronto Mike'd (a weekly podcast), H&F and Canada Land. The only radio I will listen to is Radio One.

December 4, 2014 @ 11:23 PM

David

Podcasts are subscribed via itunes. I download the podcasts, then run it through a program that speeds it up by 25% without changing the pitch of the voices... Then put it on my ipod.

A one hour podcast then only takes 45 minutes to listen to!!!!!

December 5, 2014 @ 8:35 AM

Dawn

Through the iTunes podcast app. Sometimes through the website if I am over data on my phone and don't want to download it at work (where they don't allow us wireless access).

December 5, 2014 @ 10:33 AM

Ken

iTunes and sometimes directly from your site

December 5, 2014 @ 12:25 PM

Steve

I'm generally a download the mp3 and listen in Winamp while I'm doing stuff around the house person. That way I can pick and choose episodes of the various podcasts I like that interest me and not waste their bandwidth or my own on stuff I'm just going to end up deleting anyway.

December 5, 2014 @ 12:53 PM

Lynne

I subscribe in iTunes and listen on my laptop while browsing other stuff.

December 5, 2014 @ 1:36 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Subscribed through ITunes, then copy to my dinky little ipod nano. Just ran through Wilner, Walker Rusholme, and you with Elvis. Glad everyone you interviewed has the same memory lapses I experience.

December 5, 2014 @ 9:24 PM

James Edgar

i'm subscribed in iTunes but have never been able to listen as the only time i'm using iTunes for the most part is at work. yesterday for the first time i downloaded #99 and listened in the car from a flash drive. that's what i'll be doing a lot of going forward.

December 9, 2014 @ 8:55 AM

@James Edgar

That's awesome!

If you're looking for celebrity interviews, I always keep this list updated: http://www.torontomike.com/2014/11/cant_miss_toronto_miked_episodes.html

December 9, 2014 @ 9:00 AM

Roshan

Download the MP3 and listen on Winamp.

December 9, 2014 @ 11:17 AM

S.A.L.

I am old school & download the episode then add it to my "Best Of Toronto Miked playlist" on iTunes.

I then sync up my trusty iPod classic & I am good to go!

I listen working overnights while cleaning a church as a second job & for the most part have enjoyed each of the 25 or so episodes that I have listened to. I also am a fan of radio & you have done a great job interviewing some of Toronto's most interesting personalities.

My fave so far is the Hebsie interview.. there just was a great chemistry & flow between you guys. The first Humble Howard.. the Alan Cross & Freddy P interviews round out the top 5.

Looking forward to listening to Episode 100 with the lads this evening.

December 10, 2014 @ 5:55 PM

Stephanie

I grab it by Podcast Addict. When I switched to an Android phone I found it t o be easiest.

December 10, 2014 @ 8:45 PM

@Stephanie

Welcome to #TeamAndroid

December 10, 2014 @ 8:47 PM

@S.A.L.

I personally loved the Hebsy episode, because I was (and am) a big fan and it did feel like I was chatting with an old friend.

December 10, 2014 @ 9:24 PM

S.A.L.

Okay… new fave is episode 100 with Humble & Fred… I listened last night & I was glued to my headphones & feeling kinda sick myself as they talked about the move from Corus.

Everything happens for a reason & if it wasn't for that move… we would not have our daily dose of the lads or the Toronto Mike'd podcast & I would not be writing this comment… instead just listening to some shitty morning show right about now.

December 11, 2014 @ 6:18 AM