Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 85: Jeremy Taggart

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 85In this 85th episode, Mike chats with Jeremy Taggart about his years drumming for Our Lady Peace, why he left the band, his podcast with Jonathan Torrens, his battle with alcohol, his tryout with the Atlanta Braves and what's next. This episode is exactly 1:20:27.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

Will give a listen this weekend, heading to Alberta to work. Realised Jeremy was on an episode with Paul LaFrance's Decked out. Seems like a really down to earth dude!

July 18, 2014 @ 9:01 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

He was very nice.

His appearance came together very quickly and he was very accommodating and really open on the podcast.

I could have spent another hour or two just talking about the Beachcombers, Degrassi, etc.

July 18, 2014 @ 9:03 PM

Andrew

I was going to say The House of Lancaster on The Queensway, but that's a pretty good jaunt from Apache Burger. Still, awesome story. That place could be pretty sketch, but my dentist is next door and I always go there after visiting them. My parents used to go there in the 50's when they were teenagers.

Good podcast - I enjoy listening to Jeremy. I like the Taggart & Torrens podcast, mostly from knowing Jono for so long and I like OLP.

There was a section in the episode where I thought it was heading towards a "The Christ Farely Show" moment, but you were able to pull it back.

He was fun to watch on Disaster Decks with Paul LaFrance.

Glad he liked the setup!

Cheers,
Andrew

July 19, 2014 @ 9:51 AM

markosaar

Thanks so much for asking my question! Unexpected insight even.

July 19, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

dale

I'm a fan of Jermey seeing him on TSN's show OTR many times.

A great person & that's the reason I listened to your podcast.

I'm surprised you didn't discuss his TV time on TSN. He is very knowledgeable about sports & his love of Toronto.

Good job Mike

July 19, 2014 @ 8:11 PM

joel

That was a really enjoyable listen, good work. Thanks for getting my question in there.

Mike, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't really dig the Smashing Pumpkins on that tour.

July 20, 2014 @ 1:25 AM

@joel

Here's more about how much I disliked the Pumpkins on that tour.

July 20, 2014 @ 9:58 AM

Roshan

Really enjoyed this episode with Jeremy. I'm really sad he left OLP as they are one of my fav bands and he is an awesome drummer but I understand that he has his reasons and they are important to him. Great episode Mike.

July 20, 2014 @ 12:17 PM

Jordi Small

I loved hearing about OLP's early days and some insight into how the songs and the business worked, thanks Mike!

July 20, 2014 @ 10:07 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Well done Mike. Really interesting guy, will listen for him on 1010 with Ryan Doyle.

July 21, 2014 @ 7:56 AM

Rick C in Oakville

July 21, 2014 @ 7:56 AM

Anon&on

Excellent! He seems to have a bit more of a character or persona on the TnT podcast, interesting to hear the difference, although just as entertaining on Mike'd.
That was very referential, culturally and geographically.

July 21, 2014 @ 6:52 PM

mrmojorisinca

Sweet..Thanks for asking my question :)
Did he talk to you about the rest of PJ at all? off air of course?

July 22, 2014 @ 10:05 AM

Mike

No disrespect, but you talked over Jer too much. Not sure if you were nervous, but you stepped all over his answers a lot and even interrupted him a couple times.

Something to listen for the next time you do an interview.

July 22, 2014 @ 10:46 PM

@Mike

I wasn't the least bit nervous with Jeremy.

July 22, 2014 @ 10:48 PM