Questions for Jeremy Taggart

Questions for Erin DavisI will be sitting down next week with Jeremy Taggart, best known as the drummer for Our Lady Peace from 1993 - 2014. He'll be dropping by to record an episode of my podcast Toronto Mike'd, and I get an entire hour to ask him anything I want.

taggart

I know what questions I'll be asking him, but I'd love to know what you would ask him. What questions would you like me to ask Jeremy Taggart?

mrmojorisinca

you put that together quick Mike..

Best Band they everyone opened for and best band that ever opened for them.
in terms of Music and Personalities

July 11, 2014 @ 11:57 AM

Al Reda

Why did he leave OLP so suddenly after so many years?

July 11, 2014 @ 12:45 PM

519 Rob

I'll add one that sort of relates to mrmojorisinca's question.

Who is a band that opened for OLP and he thought, 'these guys are gonna be huge', but then it never happened.

July 11, 2014 @ 1:00 PM

markosaar

Does he have any stories about Ned's Atomic Dustbin? Was he a fan? Does he have a favourite song? I'm curious because I believe one of OLP's first US tours took place opening for them.

July 11, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

Lorne

"Spiritual Machines" is not only one of my favorite OLP albums, but certainly in my top 5 favorite of all time.

I know he's not in OLP anymore but-- a couple years back, they went on tour and played the album start to finish. I only found out about the show too late to attend. Is there any chance OLP will be touring the album again?

July 11, 2014 @ 4:08 PM

Anon&on

Can you ask again and again, every few minutes, 'When will your podcast be on iTunes?'
Mike, can you help them get their podcast on iTunes.

July 11, 2014 @ 7:46 PM

Liz

That is some sweet flow.

July 11, 2014 @ 9:19 PM

Eekan Boo

Same question re: sobriety as was asked of Erin.

July 12, 2014 @ 1:33 AM

this guest

Just based on his face and expression does he have any affinity for
Russian mystics?

July 12, 2014 @ 12:40 PM

@Anon&on

I subscribed to their podcast in iTunes manually by adding this RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:77478365/sounds.rss

July 12, 2014 @ 7:31 PM

joel

I've always been interested in the business/promoter side of things of the music industry. I remember the summersault tours being organized by OLP. Could you ask how hands on OLP was with those tours? (choosing cities/bands) A follow up to that would be why there weren't anymore summersault tours after 2000?

July 12, 2014 @ 11:56 PM

Sandy

OLP: did he leave on his own to expand his horizons? How did the other bandmates take it?
Future:Is Jer going to play with someone else? or did he hang up his sticks forever?
What is the future for Jeremy Taggart? Radio? Sports? I know he's a baseball nut who tried out for Atlanta (I think) and he's an avid golfer. Or will he become a Stand up comedian lol tell Ron and John stories :)

Follower, twitter, fb, instagram

July 15, 2014 @ 1:49 AM

Sandy

I was so excited to hear they were going on tour again this summer then 2 days later I find out he left Our Lady Peace. He has such a great following. How does he feel leaving his fans? No need to see OLP this summer now since Jeremy won't be there :(

July 15, 2014 @ 1:52 AM

sandy

Can you ask him to send me a pair of signed sticks? 7A's please

July 15, 2014 @ 1:58 AM

Anon&on

Thanks Mike, should have thought of that. Much easier then listening through soundcloud.
I'd like to hear his take on the current state of the Canadian music industry, the licensing for streaming services, etc. Any comment on the Polaris Prize.

July 15, 2014 @ 7:37 PM

Roshan

I was sad to hear that he had left OLP.

1) Why did he leave?
2) What are his future plans? Solo album in the works?

July 16, 2014 @ 9:22 AM

Dr Tim Ball-Climatologist

Dear Jeremy
I want to let you know of my new book for your perusal.
'The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science’.
Thank you.