How Often Do You Shave?

How Often Do You Shave?During a more corporate period of my life, I'd shave my face every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I've always hated having to shave my face.

For the past few years, I've fallen into a nice routine where I shave every five days or so. I actually feel more confident with a few days growth.

Gentlemen: how often do you shave your face?

dale

Usually Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday nights. I get a rash if I shave too often.

When on vacation for a week, maybe once.

July 27, 2014 @ 9:53 AM

@dale

If I go camping for a week, I won't shave at all.

July 27, 2014 @ 9:57 AM

Brian

Everyday for me but will let it go on weekends sometimes. I hate facial hair on me...my hair is think, dark and patchy in some spots and I have a light skin complexion so it just looks awful....have actually been speaking with a dermatologist about hair removal because as much as I hate facial hair, I also hate the shaving process every morning

July 27, 2014 @ 10:18 AM

Roshan

If I am going to work I shave - every single day. Since I work from home for now, once a week!

July 27, 2014 @ 10:32 AM

@Roshan

At the 5 day mark my neck gets itchy so I shave.... and I don't grow a great beard, so I feel at the six day mark that I look like a homeless guy.

July 27, 2014 @ 10:33 AM

BC

Two time a week for me. I don't grow fast so it doesn't look bad. I have sensitive skin also, so I have to schedule my shaves are round times that will give my skin time to heal. Learn the hard for hockey. Shaved the same day before a game and by the second period my face was on fire and so itchy from sweat and my goalie mask rubbing against my skin. I've found Nivea for men shaving cream and aftershave cream for sensitive skin really helps keep the razor burn down too.

July 27, 2014 @ 12:59 PM

felix

Once you get past the part where you want to scratch off your own face, the road to facial hair is much smoother.

I've had a beard for the last 5+ years, so I shave around the beard maybe once a week, tops.

July 27, 2014 @ 1:15 PM

markosaar

1-3 times a week nowadays. In my ripe old 30s, my facial hair no longer looks ridiculously patchy, so I don't mind letting it grow for a bit. Used to shave every day when I worked for a corporation.

I wasn't a fan, but legitimately enjoy it since (re)discovering double-edged razors, badger-hair brushes, and fantastic creams and soaps.

Since switching away from Mach3s/Fusions, and shitty aerosol foams, the quality of my skin improved vastly.

July 27, 2014 @ 1:36 PM

Blind Dave

Every morning, unfortunately. My beard doesn't exactly grow fast, but I can't stand that rough feeling on my cheeks & neck. My first wife loved a bit of facial hair. My current wife says no way.

July 27, 2014 @ 2:07 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Usually Monday to Friday, and Saturday/Sunday are Let it Be days. I truly hate shaving, so I do it while showering, one less mess to clean up.

July 27, 2014 @ 2:17 PM

Corey

I find even the corporate world is becoming more relaxed. I shave twice during the work week, and not at all during the weekend these days. Anyone ever tried shaving oil? Give it a shot if you haven't. A half-dozen drops and the razor glides over your face beautifully. No rash - way better than shaving cream.

July 27, 2014 @ 4:04 PM

Rick C in Oakville

The cost of the blades is insane. Happens when you have a company monopolize the market. $30 for 5 blades, probably costs less than .25 cents to make off shore.

July 27, 2014 @ 4:59 PM

Glen

I shave about 3 times a week.

I wish I could grow Fathers of Confederation sideburns because chicks dig that look.

Sadly my facial hair has other ideas.

July 27, 2014 @ 6:14 PM

Argie

Great topic! I shave about as often as Cheryl gives an update on her trainers wife's soccer schedule - about twice a week.

@Corey
I'm going to try the shaving oil route. What brand do you use?

July 27, 2014 @ 8:16 PM

markosaar

@Rick C in Oakville,

Part of why I switched to double-edged razors was paying $70 for 200 premium blades. I'm set for a decade.

July 27, 2014 @ 9:56 PM

Tim

Daily. On weekends not at all. On Monday morning its a "beast" to shave as I am the original "Wolf man"!

July 28, 2014 @ 8:05 AM

Mike from Lowville

Every other day.....sometimes I go three or more.

July 28, 2014 @ 8:32 AM

mrmojorisinca

Twice a week..Sunday and Wed or Thursday..
I prefer a few days growth look as well.

July 28, 2014 @ 8:58 AM

Ben Vidal

I used to use an electric shaver and did it every day. Then I realized I was wasting so much time. Now I use a razor and I do it ever 2 or 3 days. With Monday always being a shave day.

Pretty sure the cost of razors is why they are all put in alarm systems now at Shoppers or the local grocery store. In some cases they just move the display up to the very front by the cash.

I knew someone who worked at P&G and the cost of one razor doesn't even come to $1.00. One of P&G's most profitable divisions.

July 28, 2014 @ 1:13 PM

Boomer

Every day for work and once on the weekend. My issue is after 2 days it looks like yours Mike. Mostly all dark with a couple of grey patches.

I hate the grey patches! It makes me look older than I am.

July 28, 2014 @ 3:24 PM

Alan

I have to shave every day because even with just day old stubble I start looking like a terrorist. I don't want to look like a terrorist. Also I was blessed with good skin, so why hide it!!

July 28, 2014 @ 5:33 PM

519 Rob

How often do I shave?
Not often enough is the answer. I probably let it go a little too shaggy.

Plus, as a (mostly) bald guy, I shave my head also.
And its such a pain in the ass, and a mess, when I do the full head and face shave.

July 29, 2014 @ 10:15 AM