How I Ended Up On Instagram

How I Ended Up On InstagramA couple of years ago, I wrote many words about why I never liked Instagram.

When Instagram came on the scene, I hated how people were intentionally and artificially processing their pictures to make them look old or Polaroided. In my opinion, the aged look of a photograph only has value when it's earned. In other words, a picture looking old is wonderful when it's an old picture, and the Polaroid-zation of a pic makes perfect sense when it was taken with a Polaroid camera, but forcing these effects is phony and ruins an otherwise nice picture. I never created an Instagram account.

About a month ago, I created an Instagram account. What changed?

My daughter, who turns 10 tomorrow, is on Instagram, and I couldn't see her posts without an account of my own. I wanted to see her posts, and now I can. I love seeing her pics and clicking that heart icon next to each one. I can't like them fast enough.

And that's how this Flickr Pro user ended up on Instagram.

Roshan

Hold the phone - Michelle is turning 10??? How time does fly!

July 28, 2014 @ 10:11 AM

@Roshan

Tell me about it.

July 28, 2014 @ 10:17 AM

Steve

Nothing like spying on your untrustworthy children.

Exact reason I have zero family added on Facebook.

July 28, 2014 @ 11:19 AM

@Steve a.k.a. Dan

What an incredibly dickish thing to say.

I actually just like seeing the pics she shares. There's nothing untrustworthy about my daughter.

July 28, 2014 @ 11:23 AM

markosaar

I use Instagram and just don't process the photos (usually).

July 28, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

Handsome Rob

Yep, sounds about the same as me. Joined because my daughter did.

July 28, 2014 @ 9:14 PM