So Far, So Good #BlueJays

Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 9.21.14 AM

Ben Vidal

I've watched the last 10 games and I've been to 3. I had refused to go this year until they started looking like a team. They are fun to watch and the plays they are making have been fantastic. One of the losses against KC could have been a win if Reyes threw properly. Outside of that they look like what a real team should be.

June 5, 2014 @ 11:18 AM

Chico Escuela

The Jays have been playing well.Now,if they can only find a way to keep Sergio Santos and Brandon Morrow from seeing the field for the remainder of the season.
Again,the best move the Blue Jays have made all season was the subtraction of J.P. Arencibia.
Sometimes,the solution is just getting rid of the "dead weight".

June 5, 2014 @ 11:37 AM

My late great friend Kic was blocked by JPA on Twitter because he was relentless in his attacks. Losing JPA was indeed addition by subtraction.

This team is like the bizarro world version of last year's team.

June 5, 2014 @ 11:39 AM

Chico Escuela

The other big subtraction is not having "Team Mascot" Munenori Kawasaki playing 96 games in the infield as he did in 2013

June 5, 2014 @ 11:52 AM

elvis

Queue the tank. Thanks Mike.

June 5, 2014 @ 12:18 PM

Douglas

Additions, subtractions to the team, yes. What is impressing me a lot is the contribution of the call-ups from the Buffalo Bisons: Gose, Kratz, Pillar, Tolleson. Each is solidly contributing to the team, playing like they're starters who are full-time team members. That has certainly made a difference this year. Sure, we don't have Rasmus' power hitting in the lineup, but with the balanced hitting lineup each game, it does not seem to be mattering one bit. The Jays aren't just relying on the long ball, which they can and do still hit aplenty, but they're manufacturing runs, including the call-ups. This year, all of the guys who have come from Buffalo have made their presence known on the field - through pretty much nothing but solid play. In addition, I don't know how many times I've heard Sportsnet's commentators mention that opposing managers and pitchers just don't get a break in the Jays' batting lineup - eg. left, right, switch, switch, and so on. Rarely are there two lefties or two righties (only) in a row. Don't everyone bandwagon, but the Jays are worthy of much more fan support (especially in the stands). Then again, this is Toronto, and the Jays are not the Leafs, so I understand why so many in southern Ontario are so quick to tear down and piss on their local baseball team that is playing very well this year.

June 5, 2014 @ 3:20 PM

Andrew

It's been a lot of fun going to work every day that I can tell you.
The mood has been upbeat and people are enjoying baseball again.
If they can keep it up and play meaningful games in September It'll be a helluva ride!

I'll have crowds I can mix!! What a joy.

Cheers,
Andrew

June 5, 2014 @ 3:35 PM

Douglas

Good sound is SO appreciated, Andrew. Having said that, the worst sound at any sporting event (IMHO), is that G.D. boat horn. I can appreciate some venues where there are no fans in the stand to cheer when the home team does well, but my favourite sound of all is a crowd cheering loudly. Why, oh why does someone feel that it is necessary to blast a loud boat horn that ruins that wonderful sound of humanity in a state of happiness??? Could you mix out the sound of the horn, Andrew (just dreaming in technicolour here)?

June 5, 2014 @ 3:55 PM

Matt

37-24 now after beating (and sweeping) Verlander and co. this afternoon.

Love the way they're playing right now, I'll echo what Douglas said too.

Hopefully more people get down to the dome especially during the week. Cardinals are in town this weekend, followed by a visit from the twins. Both are winnable series.

12:37 game on Wednesday if anyone is looking for an excuse to take a day off work or leave early.

June 5, 2014 @ 5:36 PM

NW

Question: Are the Jays on a roll right now?

Pat Tabler would reply: "UH HUH!".

June 5, 2014 @ 5:58 PM

Andrew

@Douglas,

Believe me... if I could I would eliminate any and all public address noise :)

Cheers,