Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 74: Jeff Marek

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 74In this 74th episode, Mike chats with Jeff Marek, formerly of Live Audio Wrestling, Leafs Lunch and HNIC radio, and current host of Hockey Central on Sportsnet. They talk about Jeff's career, the horseshoe up his ass, his ex Josie Dye of 102.1, his start and reuniting with Strombo, his burying of Harold Ballard, Dion Phaneuf and much, much more. This episode is exactly 1:56:52.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

Ouch. Almost 2 hours long. Might not be able to get to this till Sunday morning but I've always liked Marek so I'm looking forward to this.

April 4, 2014 @ 9:51 PM

This was going to be an hour, but the convo was so awesome and Jeff was so great, we went for two.

April 4, 2014 @ 9:57 PM

Oscar

Did you ask why he insists on using soliloquies every other sentence?

April 5, 2014 @ 8:15 AM

Andrew

Halfway through listening and really enjoying this one. I'm glad all your guests are enjoying the setup, even if Elvis thinks there's an echo.

I almost spit out tea all over my steering wheel this morning at the Yolanda Ballard line.

Cheers,
Andrew

April 6, 2014 @ 10:18 AM

markosaar

Marek sounded so genial and happy to be there. I think by far your most forthcoming guest so far.

April 6, 2014 @ 10:52 AM

Anon&on

You have to get him back. Barely touched on beer. Everyone is a 'great guy', except Domi- you didn't ask him about Domi.
I've heard the cemetery stories several times, but as usual- Mike got something more. I've never heard the bit about the first day or the job search.

He talked about HNIC on satellite, but I would have like to hear him expand a memorable quip he made that has always stuck in my mind, "satellite radio, where you go not to be heard".

Good show again, I liked the local comparisons between the two of you, the bonus 15 was fun.

April 6, 2014 @ 7:53 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Finally just got around to this. Enjoyed the show. Marek was awesome and really seemed like he had a blast.

April 7, 2014 @ 8:47 AM

By the way, I was at Dion Phaneuf's first game, and wrote about it here: http://www.torontomike.com/2010/02/maple_leafs_3_devils_0_-_witne.html

April 7, 2014 @ 3:05 PM

Rick C in Oakville

The 2 hours went really quick Mike, Marek seemed to be sincerely enjoying his Toronto Mike's experience. Great Job once again Mike!

April 7, 2014 @ 7:07 PM

Michael Z.

I remember watching the Canadian Italian hockey league on Sunday mornings like Jeff was talking about. Was pretty entertaining and they had Italian city names as the teams. Good times, more enjoyable than watching the Leafs at times.

April 8, 2014 @ 8:13 AM

Corrado C

Mike: Congrats on the new addition to your family. Enjoyed the Marek podcast, he's a good story teller. I knew most of the bio except for the fact he dated Josie Dye. I guess you were not aware he had also dated Jack Laytons daughter during the time that he was with H&F on 640. That would have made for some interesting stories.

April 12, 2014 @ 4:08 PM

Christian

Just finished this episode with Jeff. Was a big fan of his from the 640 days and lost track of him.

His enthusiasm was infectious and totally great insight into his professional and personal life.

I hope you're able to have him on again. If that is the case, clear your schedule because he just might stay he whole day.

Cheers on another great episode.

Christian

August 1, 2015 @ 8:21 PM

Christian

Cheers on another great episode.

Christian