Countdown To When It's Okay To Revisit Freddie P's Conservative Party Propaganda Machine

voteWith a federal election scheduled for Monday, May 2, 2011, my friend Freddie P's blog www.canadianthinker.com has become a part of the Conservative Party's propaganda machine.

It's essentially unvisitable until this election passes, so for your convenience and mine, I've created this handy little countdown clock:

Bookmark this entry and keep tabs on when it's okay to visit Canadian Thinker again. You're welcome.

Romy

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid the Right Wing Echo Chamber myself until it reverts to the milder version, accompanied by Hab Bashing, of course. :)

March 29, 2011 @ 2:49 AM

McNulty

Nicely done.

While Fred sometimes makes good points, he is really following the Conservative talking point press release. Two posts on how Ignatief must be lying that he'd join with the Bloc.

I don't bother posting anymore since it falls on deaf ears.

What really burns me is that he ties today's Liberals with Chretien's without any issue but you can't bring up Harper's past since it is not the past anymore.

It is tiring. I haven't even decided who I am voting for but it's clear Fred already has. He is just as bad as those he says he can't stand. He asks for reasons why people hate Harper but he has never given a reason why he hates Ignatief (with the exception of the "coalition" which he said he won't do).

March 29, 2011 @ 7:24 AM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

A nice liberal boy like you espousing censorship.
I like it.
A closed mind = an empty mind.
Glad to see that McNulty has found a home where his views won't be challenged. If ignorance is bliss, he is one happy boy. See you in May.

March 29, 2011 @ 8:34 AM

@Nigel Trousershrapnel

It's time to look up the meaning of the word "censorship".

Fred can carry on, I'm just not going to visit. That's my right.

March 29, 2011 @ 9:16 AM

McNulty

I encourage my views to be challenged but I also appreciate my views being heard. Fred isn't listening, he is just speaking.

If he would respond to challenges to his own opinion I'd be more apt to post. I am still reading it, I am just not bothering with responding. When you have people like Irvine and Argie who cannot possibly ever be wrong, I don't see the purpose in engaging in conversation.

I don't profess to be right about everything.

And Nigel, I am not asking for him to stop having an opinion, nor am I asking people not to read it.

It's like an argument between Argie and Mike from Lowville. They are both unwilling to listen to the other side.

March 29, 2011 @ 9:41 AM

Nigel Trouser

The act, process, or practice of censoring.
Give me another one.

March 29, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

Censorship would be preventing Fred from publishing his thoughts, views, opinions, etc.

I encourage Fred to do so, but I'll avoid the site until after the election. That's not censorship.

March 29, 2011 @ 10:20 AM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

Point taken, but you are denying yourself some pretty funny stuff.

March 29, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

Freddie P.

@ Mike and Romy - We often learn through disagreement. I thought you guys were smarter than this.
So typical of people with socialists leanings.
I can't stand the Toronto Star but I make sure I read it every day to get a different perspective.

March 29, 2011 @ 11:46 AM

Irvine

@FreddieP

The problem with "Toronto Mike" is this. He claims the right has a narrow mind but can't see that he's just as narrow minded as they are. In fact that goes for the entire province of Ontario. It espouses what a modern, cosmopolitan province it is but it thrives on stereotypes. Anything "Conservative" is a redneck, immigrate hating, gun loving wanna be American. Well mostly unless Calgary's conservative (but brown, muslim) mayor shows up. Then they just don't mention he's a Conservative lol.

The right IS narrow in Ontario. But the left wing is worse. Hence the constant references to Mike Harris when the word "Conservative" comes up.

March 29, 2011 @ 12:00 PM

elvis

Irvine manages to bring the discussion down to hating Toronto/Ontario again. Interesting.

March 29, 2011 @ 1:44 PM

Il Duce

@ Mike

Why is Freddie's site unvisitable until after the election is over? Freddie isn't some redneck, frothing at the mouth wearing a straight jacket. If anything, he's Apolitical. Although his beliefs are conservative in this election, Fred has always maintained he doesn't follow blindly and often criticizes the right when needed.

Sorry Mike, it isn’t very democratic to ask people not visit his site. Those who lean to the left always embrace democracy when it suits them but really practice intolerance to those who offer a different opinion. In the name of FreddieP, you should remove this post in order to restore integrity back to your site.

March 29, 2011 @ 2:33 PM

Cynthia Spreadbottom

Fred P will disappear for 2-3 weeks without posting.
He will delete ALL negative comments as to why.
And the come up with a lame excuse to why he has not posted!!
Same Shirt Diffident Day!!!

March 29, 2011 @ 2:38 PM

Cheryl

I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet. About one is just as bad as the other. Too bad George Smitherman isn't running in this election or I would vote for him no matter what. Oh well, you never know. Maybe he will be in my riding. I hope he will be and I'll vote for George. My trainer hasn't decided who to vote for yet either.

March 29, 2011 @ 6:29 PM

Anonymous

If you didn't visit Freddie's site today you missed a wonderful tribute to his Dad. You just have to put your mind filters to use when reading the site if you don't like the politics.

Personally my views run parallel to Freddies, but like to hear the other side as well

March 29, 2011 @ 9:45 PM

Trish

Mike and Romy:

I suppose the prospect of a conservative landslide gives you the right to behave so childishly. Jeez, I thought you both were Fred's friends. By all means, if you're so offended then don't visit his site. But don't broadcast it. That's such high-school chick behaviour.

March 30, 2011 @ 2:05 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

You want to see conservative Mike, come down to the States, I just posted on Freddies site, your idea of conservative up there is friggin far left wing down here.

March 30, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

aurora carl

who is toronto mike again?

April 1, 2011 @ 12:22 AM

Romy

"Waahhhh. Wahhhhhh. You better keep visiting freddiep Mike and Romy.... You're being undemocratic! You're supporting dictators! You're choking off free speech... You're communists, you're facists, You hate the West! You hate the East, you hate Mississauga... I work hard and pay taxes... You hate Rob Ford... You don't support our police! Protesters! Get a job! You better get back over there to freddiep or we'll tell... wahhhhhhhhhh"

April 1, 2011 @ 3:04 AM

Torontonian

Censorship.

That's what FreddieP does.
He deletes comments he doesn't like and keeps the rest.
I should know; he's deleted many of my comments and in one case sent me a very rude e-mail.

How's that for class? Sorta like CFRB, but in print.

April 1, 2011 @ 7:48 AM

Il Duce

@ Romy

Wow!! Is that a Beatles song or did that just come to you?

Grab a guitar and start strumming away, I think you're on to something here!!

April 1, 2011 @ 7:53 AM

GERGS

Damned Censorship!
Can't even grab the latest copy of NOW Magazine down at City Hall.
WTF!!!

April 1, 2011 @ 10:07 AM

El Torpedo

Aww Romy, ya missed the point again. No one cares if you personally ever visit canadianthinker again. It's the principal that's abhorrent, and so very typically liberal. Avoid and close your mind to anything that doesn't jibe with your view point. Seek refuge among like-thinkers and label any contrary opinion as "propaganda", "fascist", "barbaric", etc. It's comforting to label right-leaning folks as intolerant, isn't it? You really don't see the irony, do you?

April 2, 2011 @ 2:41 PM

jason

Define "safe"

I don't waste my time reading that crap, election or no election.

April 17, 2011 @ 2:50 AM