Tragically Hip Live On This Blog

TTHMy favourite band, The Tragically Hip, have posted their entire 08/08/2009 concert at Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre in Abbotsford, BC, on their YouTube page.

Here's the entire show. And here's my Tragically Hip page.

New Orleans is Sinking

Wheat Kings

Springtime in Vienna

Bobcaygeon

Nautical Disaster

Fireworks

The Last Recluse

Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)

Family Band

Music at Work

Blow at High Dough

Frozen In My Tracks

Grace, Too

Sammi

I know I am going to take abuse for this but I find The Tragically Hip really boring. I don't mind hearing them on the radio once in a while, but their music is so uninspiring and predictable.

December 11, 2009 @ 5:44 AM

Buffaloboymike

You are right Sammi you are going to take abuse for that statement...boring as opposed to what? Nickelback?
IF anything they are unpredictable..have you listened to any one of their last 4 records? Go and give it a shot start with In Violet Light

December 11, 2009 @ 7:25 AM

Stu

Wow... Mike, I don't even remember what originally brought me to your blog in the Summer, but your eclectic collection of posts hits on so many relevant subjects for me that it was a no brainer to stick around... Now you mention THE HIP TOO!!??..

You had me at the Pearl Jam Fixer link...

I'm assuming you don't have the latest Hip album icon on your Hip page because you haven't had a chance to add it?

December 11, 2009 @ 7:45 AM

Mike from Lowville

Damn, I wish the video quality was a bit better..... good on the Hip though. Thanks Mike!

December 11, 2009 @ 8:54 AM

Anonymous

Last American Exit is my favorite Hip tune.

December 11, 2009 @ 8:59 AM

brian

got to see them in early november. great "small" show - 2000 people - gord did a crowd walk down the middle on the chairs. walked between my wife and i. kinda cool.

my brush with greatness.

December 11, 2009 @ 10:22 AM

dlauthor

Good to see that, in the spirit of comment boards everywhere, the first comment was from someone who felt they had to share how much they dislike something that a blogger is enthusiastic about. Makes me feel warm inside.

Saw them in Boston back in the early summer. Great show, and nice to see some more obscure songs in the set, mixed in with Century and Grace and New Orleans and rest of the usual suspects. Wish they'd keep up the thing they did last tour, where they played a cover of a favorite song during the encore.

Oh, and if the Hip were predictable, I wouldn't always be taken aback when I listen to a new CD of theirs. Since Henhouse, it's taken at least a couple listens before I've gotten it. If they were predictable and just playing variations on Courage and Little Bones over and over again, that wouldn't happen. So feh to "predictable."

December 12, 2009 @ 12:39 PM