On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, Canadians are asked to pause and remember the thousands of men and women who sacrificed their lives fighting for freedom and democracy during the First World War, the Second World War, the Korean War, the Afghanistan conflict and during peacekeeping missions.
I've scoured my site for relevant entries. Here are some you may want to revisit today.
- Vimy Ridge - posted December 14, 2002
- In Flanders Field - posted November 11, 2003
- Vimy Ridge - posted November 11, 2004
- Never Forget - posted November 11, 2005
- Three Little Pricks - posted November 9, 2006
- It's Our Job To Never Forget - posted November 11, 2006
Here are some entries about Alfred Finley, a veteran and familiar face in Bloor West Village for many years.
- Al - posted May 31, 2004
- The Forgotten Soldier - posted July 4, 2004
- Pitiable - posted September 25, 2004
- Alfred Finley, 1919-2006 - posted June 4, 2006
- Al (Flickr photo)
And to those who served, or are serving this great country right now, I have one word: Thanks.
Leave a comment
Only 3 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!