Stacked Washer / Dryer Combo Wanted

moneyOur dryer broke in the spring. All summer we dried our clothes outside, which was great, but with summer behind us and our washer on its last legs, I'm in the market for a washer / dryer combo.

Where should a poor bastard in need of a stacked washer/dryer go this weekend? Would I find a washing machine on Brandsource?

ka16522-pic

Horonymous

Do they need to be stacked. Space issues? Good luck. Try selling the washer on line.

September 30, 2009 @ 8:28 PM

Yes, serious space issues.

I have a stacked washer / dryer now, and it's so integrated I can't separate the washer from the dryer. So although the washer technically still works, it's not sellable because it's underneath a broken dryer and the two can't be broken apart. It even has to be plugged into a 240 volt outlet.

September 30, 2009 @ 8:34 PM

Pete McPhedran

Ah, Canadian Tire? Aren't they one of your sponsors? ;-) Do they even sell W/D'ers?

If not, whatever you do, DO NOT get them from Future Shop. We had a VERY bad experience with them and stackable W/D'ers.

Maybe Rona (Canadian) is a good option, I know they sell appliances and they give Air Miles!

--Pete

September 30, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

@Pete

Yes, Canadian Tire is a sponsor of sorts. We're about to have another giveaway, in fact. Some fancy new leaf blower thingamabob.

I don't think they sell stacked dryer / washer sets, but I'll check.

September 30, 2009 @ 9:57 PM

Oliver

I like going to the laundromat, myself. Not entirely sure why. Though, now having kids, it's becoming more expensive.

October 1, 2009 @ 1:00 AM

Gary

Sears Home has a great collection.

October 1, 2009 @ 5:09 AM

Stephanie Wilkinson

Oakville Appliance on Kerr Street just south of Speers Road on the west side. They have everything there. Great prices. People in Oakville KNOW! My mother has a stacked Maytag delivered and installed. Another friend of mine has a stacked one and they came and undid the gas, delivered the new one, removed the old and re-hokked the gas. We have a gas dryer (not stacked) but they did the same thing for us (different gas guy - not the delivery guy).

October 1, 2009 @ 5:25 AM

Chris

Billa Appliances in East York (2931 St. Clair Ave. East). Bought a nice stackable frontloader set there recently. Best price we found. Good service and delivery.

October 1, 2009 @ 10:12 AM

Liz

Hey Mike - must be the season for these things to die. Seems like everyone I know is shopping for either a washer or a dryer. A few friends blew the load and spent almost 4,000 on a pair and have had nothing but trouble with them. A number of others went to Sears with very good results. Good selection and prices but great warranty and servicing. Try and get a set with as few 'bells and whistles' because more can go wrong (repair guys say this all the time). So for those reasons I'm with Gary on this one - try Sears and/or Sears Home. Good luck!

Not a fun purchase - I'm sure you could think of a ton of other things you'd like to shop for. But clean underwear? Yep, that's priceless!

October 1, 2009 @ 10:28 AM

Pam

I am dreading when our Stackable has a problem. We had it installed in the 2nd bathroom of our tiny condo, and I'm thinking, we may have to remove the toilet if we ever have to get a new pair.

October 1, 2009 @ 10:46 AM

Andrew

Hey Mike,

Our 11 year old dryer blew up 2 weeks ago and we bought a new stackable Whirlpool from Sears on The Queensway. They price matched everyone that was around and beat it, included free delivery and took the old ones for $20 a piece.

The installer was a guy named Steve.. they look great about boy do they wash and dry nicely.

Cheers,
Andrew

October 1, 2009 @ 5:30 PM

Marnie

Hey Mike. If you haven't found a set yet. I pick all of my appliances at either Sears Outlet (Rexdale location), or the Bay Outlet (Dundas/Browns Line area(ish)
Never had a problem with any of them and way cheaper than sticker price.

October 2, 2009 @ 3:15 PM

These are some excellent suggestions. I'm ready to go washer / dryer hunting!

October 2, 2009 @ 5:38 PM

faizpathan

Hi there
I need wsaher & dryer and how many month/years old pleas give me good price

February 28, 2010 @ 5:22 PM

munira

Hi, if you haven't got one yet i have one in perfect condition.

Let me know.
m.

December 24, 2010 @ 4:09 PM

tyler

Go to maplegrove they have great used appliances for cheap! I bought a stack washer and dryer for 450 and its been working for 4 years straight now

January 7, 2012 @ 11:21 AM