Early Notes on the Fusion

carI mentioned I'm taking a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid for a week test drive. I picked it up this morning and drove it around town, and here are some quick initial thoughts.

• When you turn the ignition, there's complete silence. The only indication you've turned the car on is a little green light. It's going to take some time to get used to that.
  • I love getting satellite radio in the car, Sirius specifically. I listened to Howard Stern interview Quentin Tarantino and quickly remembered how much I love that show.
  • As you conserve, you see leaves growing on your dashboard. It helps make it a game. You want to conserve and make those leaves multiply.
  • Once I found the USB port, an ordeal unto itself, I was quickly reminded how cool that Sync technology is with my iPod. Between the iPod and Sirius, I doubt I'd even listen to terrestrial radio in a car like this.
  • When I'm reversing in the Fusion, the front panel shows me what's behind me. There's a freakin' camera mounted above the rear license plate. There are even beeps and other warnings when someone is approaching or when you're too close to that car/pole/person.
  • It's a sweet ride. I took it on the highway and through city streets and it's been a pleasure. I'm looking forward to this road trip, I'm just sorry I have to give it back.

Hey Ford, whattyasay we let this one stay with Toronto Mike?

P8179082

Jill

xm 51 has become my favorite station this summer. It may be too mellow for you but check it out. It features new artists and rare acoustic versions of great songs.

August 17, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

Henry Ford

Hi Mike,

Got your message, the Fusion Hybrid is a sweet ride, eh?

Tell you what, you keep saying nice things about us and the car and we'll "forget" where we put this one.

Have fun,

--Hank

August 17, 2009 @ 10:32 PM

Mike from Lowville

Mike, why the negative on the USB? All you had to do was ask. I knew you'd love it!

August 18, 2009 @ 8:23 AM

Argie

F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

I have a few others for FIAT and Pontiac.

August 18, 2009 @ 8:53 AM

Toronto Mike

Not negative on the USB, but just embarrassed I couldn't find it without cheating. On the 2009 Focus I drove with Sync it was all in an obvious location.

Now that I've found it, I actually think it's in a much better place.

August 18, 2009 @ 9:33 AM

Irvine

Mike, did you just write that with Sirius and an iPod you doubt you'd listen to FM radio

Well Lord Thundering Jesus!. Welcome to the new world order. L.

August 18, 2009 @ 10:48 PM

Mike from Lowville

Argie, you are showing your age with that one. Thought you were more of a F ound O n R oad D ead type of guy.

August 19, 2009 @ 1:12 PM

Mike from Lowville

Thought I would post this. I know, I know it's the Chicago Plant but, you could say the same about any Ford Plant all over the world. Good read. Makes me feel proud!

August 22, 2009 @ 1:08 PM

KirstenFL

The right way to make your facts close to this good topic, more famous, is to use the help of the article submission. We hope, this advice helps you to keep on moving that way!

January 25, 2010 @ 2:39 AM